Mounting Tires

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cdalemx301

Mounting Tires

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey I was jut wondering what the best way to mount tires on rims are. I jut picked up new holeshots and some t-9 Bajas but cant figure out what the best way to get them in is.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i bring mine to a tire shop/sponser of mine, u can take them to walmart n have them put on for about 5 bucks i believe

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

If you are dead set on doing them yourself there are a few basic rules to mounting tires of any kind.

1. Always put the tire on the short side of the inner dip first. This will allow the 2nd bead to be at the correct angle to go on easy.

2. Always use lube on the flat area of the beads. Around the endges does no good. I use a little dish soap and water.

3. Never force something. It will be tight, but it will still feel like it should fit.

4. After you get more than 1/2 of the tire onto the rim, use your knee to hold it in place. Then a small tire tool or other flat bar to work the bead down. Start as close to the bead/rim meeting point as possible with each bite. Too much at one time and you could bend your rim or rip the tire bead.

As a side note. ATV tires are the hardest to change. And the smaller the side wall, the worse it gets. I changed tires from the time I was 12 to 18. And from forklift to semi to farm and auto there is not a tire I won't tackle. But ATV tires suck and everytime I do it I say to myself: "is this really worth saving $30?"

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

leave the tires out in the sun for an hour or so first to soften them up. makes things alot easier. it's not that hard to do.

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

I've got one of these bolted to the garage floor, and it still sucks changing them.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

bring me a bumper jack and an old truck and i'll change anyone's tires. smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I've got one of these bolted to the garage floor, and it still sucks changing them.

Thats funny. I have the same thing bolted to my floor. And yep, it sucks too!!!!!!:mad:

cdalemx301

#8 Post by cdalemx301 »

thanx jasp i used some soap and a screwdriver had all 4 tires omn in under a halfan hour. Wasnt to tough.

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Yah, putting them on is easy. Wait till you want to dismount them... :hammer: :cry: :drink: :hammer:

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Jay Make that 3 of us with it bnolted to the floor. One other thing is just to get bead locks then the only tires you have to fight with to get on are the fronts.