help with aftermarket front end prices

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
quad_freak14

help with aftermarket front end prices

#1 Post by quad_freak14 »

I curently have american star +2+1 a-arms and Elka shocks..I would like to change to long travel..

How much are aftermarket Long travel arms? Who makes them? and what all sizes do they come in?

I would like some Houser +2+1's do they make em? And how much?

can you post some pics of long travel's on your dales ot pleas?

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

This is OCR's, but I have just bought the same setup - Houser +3 LT arms - purchased from Haydug Cycles biggrin.gif

I think you will find their quality and value second to none.

OCR

#3 Post by OCR »

Good choice Thomez
smile.gif

They dont make a 2"+1" and the Dale doesnt need to move the a arms forward +1. Haydug is getting that deal together w Houser for the +1" a arms ,and he can get the +3" as well.

Houser only makes Long Travel for the Dales but you are getting almost 12" of wheel travel w the Houser Set-up

The Dale is quite wide stock, so if you plan on XC/Trail riding go w the +1" setup

If you plan on MX than go w the +3" setup

Either way you will want to change rims and get the 4+1 offset for the front.

And yes Haydug is the place to get the A arms, thats where I got mine from:dance:

quad_freak14

#4 Post by quad_freak14 »

I already have 4+1 offset hipers...

what will the total width be with those wheels and +3 a-arms? I'm not good with offset wheels, it all confuses me.

Also is there any +2 houser's? And how much are they?

thanks alot OCR

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

+3's and 4/1's will bring you to 50" exactly by adjusting your sag appropriately.

They do not make a +2 for the 'Dale, only the +3 and the +1.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Well done, couldn't have said it any better than these 2 guys just did.
As for the a-arm situation. I just bought the last 2 sets of Houser +3 LT that they have in stock. One set is already sold, so that leaves one more set.
I have to order 10 more to get them to build anymore of the LT. I guess I will place that order in a month or 2, as I'm working on the +1 setup now, and money only goes so far.
I have seen several other brands, and by far the houser is the way to go. Not just saying that, because I do sell other brands as well.

quad_freak14

#7 Post by quad_freak14 »

Doug..will you have some Blue +3's in by December? And what other brands do you carry?

Also..how much will the Housers cost me?

quad_freak14

#8 Post by quad_freak14 »

ok..well i gues screw the long travel idea...i dont think i NEED long travel...i race locally pretty much every weekend and about 3 or 4 nationals..i am going to get +3 walsh a-arms and revalve my Elka's...

I'm not sure if i could afford it either...i would have to buy new shocks too..

CdaleRacer0128

#9 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

by the end of summer/this fall i might be interestd in workin a deal with you to sell you my whole front end if you don't decide on anything..im going to try to get a walsh,jrd, or t-pin front end by then

CdaleRacer0128

#10 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

oh yea..here's my front end..

19" Elka Quad rate compression adj on Diamond Racing +3 A-arms with a little ride time on them but not much, only one mark on them as of now because i jumped the gate last year..but that's what you can expect from something out in the front of your quad