New Pics

quad_freak14

#21 Post by quad_freak14 »

nice pics! you have the worst luck with that dale! nothing ever goes your way!

cdrookie

#22 Post by cdrookie »

doesn't sound like the throttle body is bad. the butterfly should have a pretty decent spring on it. are you running a twist or thumb throttle? i'd definately replace the cable and while you're there snap the butterfly linkage open a few times to see if it's sticking. if it is a little gumout should fix it. you hardly ever ride that thing so i find it hard to believe that anything could be wore out! a long shot here- was reading about the oxygen sensor wires grounding out to the frame. will shut the bike off but then it starts back up. never hear anyone talking about that though. think it was one of cannondales update thingies.

CDaleChick

#23 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by cdrookie
doesn't sound like the throttle body is bad. the butterfly should have a pretty decent spring on it. are you running a twist or thumb throttle? i'd definately replace the cable and while you're there snap the butterfly linkage open a few times to see if it's sticking. if it is a little gumout should fix it. you hardly ever ride that thing so i find it hard to believe that anything could be wore out! a long shot here- was reading about the oxygen sensor wires grounding out to the frame. will shut the bike off but then it starts back up. never hear anyone talking about that though. think it was one of cannondales update thingies.

the guy who helps me with my cannondale...(he might be on here...he has a moto) talked to wade about my throttle, i forgot what he said it probably was but it would need the TB to be replaced...... and i dont think its whats causing my quad to shut off...... its probably something else but i cant ever test run it so we cant figure it out..the computer isnt showing anything.... but yeah it shuts off and wont start again.... but the throttle body cant close entirely, we cant even set it up to run properly bc it wont close all the way and it wont open all the way either... but when my quad shut off.....it goes strong then it starts losing power fast then dies and coasts to a stop

USAMoto00

#24 Post by USAMoto00 »

Check the ground wire and main wiring harness mounts right in front of the battery. Michelle's did the same thing. We were wiggling wires to check for bad grounds and that was what I found. BOTH mounts were loose. But when it was warm it made better connections and didn't happen all the time which made it hard to find. You need to get that thing right so it will last a season, not just a race!:usa So how did you finish the first moto anyways?:cool:

Ryanstones

CDaleChick Pix

#25 Post by Ryanstones »

Those are the hottest pics i've ever seen on this site Chick! A beautiful girl wearing out (literally) a Cannondale! Sweet!
Get that thing fixed! Good luck.

:clap:

haydug

#26 Post by haydug »

shoot me a pm, I'll get you a TB and cable down to you to check and see if it fixes your bike.
The only reason you should need to replace the TB, is to check the butterfly for looseness, I have seen the 2 bolts come loose which in turn wears a groove in the TB and won't let it close all the way, but it should open.
With the throttle reving when you turn the bars, lets me believe that you don't have enough slack in the cable, or it is routed wrong.
As for you stalling problem, the grounds that usa was referring to are behing your fuel pump regulator. The next time is stalls, and won't re-fire, turn your key to the headlight position and see if you have power to the headlight plugs. Most of the time when these come loose, it still powers the lights for some reason. I normally put the star washers under the grounds so they can dig into the frame. As for star washers, be sure to install them on your battery terminals as well.
Do you have any trouble with your battery staying charged?

CDaleChick

#27 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by haydug
shoot me a pm, I'll get you a TB and cable down to you to check and see if it fixes your bike.
The only reason you should need to replace the TB, is to check the butterfly for looseness, I have seen the 2 bolts come loose which in turn wears a groove in the TB and won't let it close all the way, but it should open.
With the throttle reving when you turn the bars, lets me believe that you don't have enough slack in the cable, or it is routed wrong.
As for you stalling problem, the grounds that usa was referring to are behing your fuel pump regulator. The next time is stalls, and won't re-fire, turn your key to the headlight position and see if you have power to the headlight plugs. Most of the time when these come loose, it still powers the lights for some reason. I normally put the star washers under the grounds so they can dig into the frame. As for star washers, be sure to install them on your battery terminals as well.
Do you have any trouble with your battery staying charged?

yes a brand new battery went bad on me in two rides.... thats what happened in my first race, the battery wont charge anymore at all.... i dont know if that was just a case of a bad battery, bc the new one i got after it has been working fine. Wouldnt the computer pick up any bad conections or loose grounds tho? bc it read that everything was fine. The throttle revving when i turn the bars is caused by the metal thing keeping on sliding on it, the cable itself isnt tight or anything, its just worn out and needs replacing.

CDaleChick

#28 Post by CDaleChick »

sorry guys i forgot to tell you...(haha usamoto00) with my quad only able to run 90% of what it does normally bc of the screwy throttle body i was in 3rd place, behind a Speed and a YFZ450 thats tricked out to all extent..... 2nd moto i was gaining ground with my quad losing power...... i hit a straight away 4th pinned and it was all she had........then died on me....... i know once i ever get to ride this thing more than a couple times before it breaks on me then i might be able to be in front

USAMoto00

#29 Post by USAMoto00 »

You go girl!:clap:

DIRTRACIN

#30 Post by DIRTRACIN »

NICE PICS! good luck with the dale smile.gif