4/18 dutchman

cdrookie

#11 Post by cdrookie »

i would post some pics if i had any or had a way of taking them. but just close your eyes. that's what you'd see:)

JLHUGHES750

#12 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

CDRookie(Bryan),
Tough break in the dust!! U didn't hold me up!!!I was runnin with out goggles the last 3 laps. (stupid move)..

Better luck next week, you'll like the Hurricane Hills track. You are better than 14th in the C class. A friend commented that u where hauling at Foot, and thought u must be the guy to beat in the C class at all the races!! I told him u just started racing and he was surprised!!! Stick with it and you'll have some fun!!!

Take your grips off, use 3M weatherstrip adhesive or spray paint and put it in the grip. Not alot!!! Important!!! take a 1/16 drill and poke a hole in the end, then work out the air!! After it dries for a day then wire them on!!! You will NEVER have a grip excuse(problem) again!!!!!!wink.gif

drink lotsa water all week and stay away from the carbonated stuff and you'll be ready to drop the hammer this weekend.:head:

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Man I never got tips from you like this before. What's the deal Jay? tongue.gif :w:

JLHUGHES750

#14 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Derno that goes for you too. I just thought Rookie and I were on our own now that your rubbin elbows with the high dollar GNCC crew!!! us locals like to stick together:p

all in good fun

later, J

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

I really went to the GNCC's to see friend's of mine. I like riding local better I don't tend to break anything.

JLHUGHES750

#16 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

May 15th Rausch GNCC is gonna be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U know that Jack Frost is the next day the 16th!!!!

I know your gonna run the Rausch GNCC right!!!!!!!smile.gif

last year i got 5th in stock class and 6th overall on the wifes EX...

This year I'm not sure what I'll race, but it'll be fun!!!!

later,J

:drink: I'm saving all my consumtion for then:drink:

cdrookie

#17 Post by cdrookie »

we got the spring ride, rausch then jack frost!!!!!!:wow all in 7-8 days! sad.gif

thanks for the tips J. water doesn't work for me though, mt dew does the trick. water just splashes around in my stomach and slows me down. even when i was in the army and running way too much, i hardly ever drank water before a big athletic event.

JLHUGHES750

#18 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Its well known the disadvantages of soda!!!!
I've heard from alot of top racers, Steve Hatch. Borich, SMiley and the Hertz's that carbonated beverages a few days before the race will allow your muscles to cramp easier and cause "pump".

I've been trying it out this year, I have not had a beer during the week for 2 months, i will kick a few back on sunday after the races but not for 3-4 days before!!! Actually if i could lose the gut and do something other than sit all day i might be better off!!!

later, J

JerJer24

#19 Post by JerJer24 »

i also had problems with stalling and i discovered my problem was that my idle screw would back out with alot of hard riding especially on a track. i took it completely out and went to a local hardware store and added a nut to it to keep it tight once i set the idle. not sure if you have the same problem but thought i would pass on the info

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Jay I think you got your days messed up. No frost on the 16th of May. June and July is Frost. Next HS after Rausch is the 23rd at Miles MT