Project silvertoad begins

wistech

Project silvertoad begins

#1 Post by wistech »

Saturday, Install powdercoated covers on engine.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Sunday, Dig frame out of parts pile and clean up.
Then install engine .

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Sunday afternoon. Install rebuilt exhaust. Rebuild swingarm pivots and clean up swingarm,then install.

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

That's looking sharp, Wistech. Looks like somebody has been getting up close and personal with a buffing wheel!

Now the hard part begins!! How long do you expect before your finished?

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

No real polishing ,just some mothers and a towel. My goal is to get the engine running by midweek. Hopefully the front suspension will be back from the powdercoaters and I could take it for a ride next weekend.

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

Looking good wistech !

Nice shop also :clap:

Ryanstones

Sweet John!

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

I like where this is headed!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that looks great!I cant wait to get my covers.Hey guys Wistech really bailed me out when nobody else would.All those parts I needed he got for me!What a guy!Hopefully my trail quad will look that nice.

CdaleRacer0128

#9 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

that is sure gonna be a SILVER toad, lol looks good

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Didnt get much work time on it earlier this week but I decided to work through the night last night an by dawn had the rear suspension on wiring in and all fluids filled. I cant put the airbox on till I get the steering stem from the powdercoaters to fire it up.I ran into an interesting problem, the decal on the ecm has the numbers wiped off. So if I need the unlock code for the d&m kit I will have to find the correct serial number for this ecm.:hammer:

It looks like I will have to make a billet sprocket guard and stator cover to get rid of the black plastic ones. Wouldnt a stator cover with a clear window look cool?Hmm