Cdale Keeps Turning Off

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
HOUSER CDALE

Cdale Keeps Turning Off

#1 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

I was wondering if you guys could help me? For the last two weeks my bike has been dying on me while I'am riding it. It only does it every once in awhile, maybe every once every 45 minutes or a hour. Other then dying those times it is running fine. I have checked all the connection (battery included) and they are all tight. Everyonce in awhile I run 50/50 race gas cause it is all I have sometimes. Could it be the gas line o-rings swelling and making the bike not get gas? If not what else do you guys think it could be ? Thanks for the help!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

It could be a low idle.2200-2400 is where it needs to be.

HOUSER CDALE

#3 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

Thanks I'll look into that. The last couple of times it has died has been in the middle of a rythm section. The other time was coming out of a corner. It sounds like it is running out of gas kind of. I dies slowing in about 2 or 3 seconds?

fred

#4 Post by fred »

Have you tried a new fuel filter?

HOUSER CDALE

#5 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

No, but mine seems to be fine. I have one so I guess it would not hurt. Didnt they have problems with the o-rings swelling on the fuel line to the tank, didnt this cause the bike to stall?

KYmxracer52

#6 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I have ran race fuel before with no problems. I know that if your chain is the least bit loose, it'll cause the quad to stall. I've had that happen before.

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

i think KY means too tight and it will stall.

it could be vapor locking. either the lines in the tank or the ones going overtop the engine. somepeople have had the vapor locking issue before. does it start right back up or does it take a few minutes?

fyrmedic

#8 Post by fyrmedic »

Ok, now I've heard both, chain too tight and too loose, which one is it, I always thought it was too loose for stalling.?

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

Too tight will stall it.

CdaleRacer0128

#10 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yo0u want 2-3 finger slack in your chain at the lower screw for the chain slide..