Rim offset Matching

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

I have the same set-up you are talking about and am at 48" I think there is something else you aren't saying. i would go with the honda rear hubs! They do make the quad wider!

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

I'll have to check things again. I have no clue what the diffrence would be. Are you measuring rim to rim? Or outside tire to tire?

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Outside tire to Outside tire.

Jaybr

#14 Post by Jaybr »

I just went back and read your original post, are you sure your 50" up front?

Stock the front end is only like 44", +2 arms won't get you to 50" unless you've also changed to ZPS shocks and have some serious sag.

I ran +2 American Stars and was 48" up front, my guess is your 48" on both ends, not 50"

TheJaspMan

#15 Post by TheJaspMan »

You boys are confusing me!!! Stock width is 46". At least that is what mine was. And that is even what specs say. In fact they claim 46.4" :drink:

I'll use a tape measure made in the USA when I get a chance. You never know about those foreign tapes!! rolleyes.gif

I am probably wrong, but now I have to know for sure!!!!

TheJaspMan

#16 Post by TheJaspMan »

Maybe my rims are backwards!! :eek: :drink:

Jaybr

#17 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
You boys are confusing me!!! Stock width is 46". At least that is what mine was. And that is even what specs say. In fact they claim 46.4"  :drink:

I'll use a tape measure made in the USA when I get a chance. You never know about those foreign tapes!! rolleyes.gif

I am probably wrong, but now I have to know for sure!!!!

That's the confusing part, stock width is 46" but thats at the rear and the front is narrower.

TheJaspMan

#18 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Jaybr
That's the confusing part, stock width is 46" but thats at the rear and the front is narrower.

Mine was the same front and rear. That is what promted me to ask about rear offset in the first place. I am a firm believer in having the front and rears the exact same width.

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Did you use all of the spacers from your old axle on the new one?

I just moved the hubs and not those 1/2 inch tapered washers on each side. That would give you an inch. I'll also double check later this afternoon.

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

Nope. I left them off too. I may just be an idiot who can't read a tape measure.

You know, measure once. Look dumb twice...:mad: