Steering problem with new a-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Jaybr

#21 Post by Jaybr »

350x,

I'm sure the problem is somewhere in your setup, I never had the problems your describing when they where on my quad. I was running 19" shocks and 4/1 wheels.

Jfarrar, Haydug, Ryanstones, Nrath and a few other site members rode it with those arms and I don't recall any of them complaining about the problems your having.

The Diamond arms are not caster adjustable BTW, just camber.

CdaleRacer0128

#22 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

ha guys

its obvioulsy the shocks, they are basically standard length shocks on an LT set up. While the predator LOOKS LT, its not. its only around 17.25" instead of 19" which could very easily throw off all of your settings. Ever throw on a stock length set of shocks on your LT arms? don't handle too well does it? set your toe at 4 degrees and your castor isn't adjustable so don't worry about that. get everything tightened down, set your camber so the wheels are sitting in very slightly on the top like / not like / or anything.. then if it still handles like junk, wait for your new shocks to arrive, and if it STILL handles not up to par, get a dampner like a denton, that helps bump steer a lot along with a Houser Antivibe stem and clamp with Fat bars..smile.gif

Fullbore 350x

#23 Post by Fullbore 350x »

I was pretty sure that it was my shocks causing it to handle like this, but i wasnt for sure. I am just using the predator shocks until i get some money for some LT shocks. I adjusted my toe-in and camber earlier today, and it handled better then before. I am going to get some 4:1 offset rims here soon, along with some 19" front shocks. And then hopefully it will handle 10x better.

TheJaspMan

#24 Post by TheJaspMan »

My bad, I failed to notice you said +3 arms. I assumed +2 and stock shocks.:drink:

claas900

#25 Post by claas900 »

..Hey TheJaspMan I have ASR's also,and have noticed the same thing,but i always thought it was cuzz there plus 1 forward?
I dont think theses are for 400ex's,well they could be but 400ex arms on a Cannon,make them like plus 2 forward on a Cannon i think?..or am back wards on that?..

TheJaspMan

#26 Post by TheJaspMan »

I would have to research that. But I thought stock Cdale arms were -1 on the 400ex. So +1 forward would be stock setting on the 400ex. Or something like that.

Jaybr

#27 Post by Jaybr »

I think Claas is right, the ASR's are +2+1 and stock Cannondale arms are +1 on a 400ex.

TheJaspMan

#28 Post by TheJaspMan »

Now that I read that, I think you are right.

I'll take a quick look at my arm setup when I ride tonight. I know I need one new tie rod before I try re-aligning things. But I can see how far off the other side is.

TheJaspMan

#29 Post by TheJaspMan »

Well I did an alignment on my Cdale last night. I have a tie rod end that was loose. A mildy bent tie rod. And a heim that looks like it took a healthy hit. But it's all tight now and hopfully it will ride good too.