Next group ride!!

jcv440

#121 Post by jcv440 »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
What kind of enviroment is at Majestic? Are there hotels on the trail heads? Or maybe cabin rentals?

Enviroment? Picture West Virginia.....bunch of rednecks, no teeth, tobbacco chewin, beer drinkin, coon dog in the bed of the truck, no inspection sticked ON the truck, coverall wearin type of folk.

Hotel on Trailhead? The only hotel is an ant hotel. There's plenty of room to camp. There are hotels about 20 mins from the trailhead in Bradford. Us real men will be camping out in the field and mooching off of TJ. He cooks a mean steak and likes beer! smile.gif

No cabins that I'm aware of. This would be an excellent location for the ride. It'd be great the hear the roar of 4 strokes coming down the mountain. And the track is awesome. And Brenda will treat us all like family.

TheJaspMan

#122 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by jcv440
Enviroment?   Picture West Virginia.....bunch of rednecks, no teeth, tobbacco chewin, beer drinkin, coon dog in the bed of the truck, no inspection sticked ON the truck, coverall wearin type of folk.  

Hotel on Trailhead?   The only hotel is an ant hotel.   There's plenty of room to camp.  There are hotels about 20 mins from the trailhead in Bradford.  Us real men will be camping out in the field and mooching off of TJ.  He cooks a mean steak and likes beer!  :)

No cabins that I'm aware of.   This would be an excellent location for the ride.  It'd be great the hear the roar of 4 strokes coming down the mountain.  And the track is awesome.  And Brenda will treat us all like family.

OK, I got the WV part. I just wanted to make sure my family would fit in.

The only reason I asked about a hotel to make sure we had some place to ice our coolers down when we got to the camp site.

And the cabins was so we could steal their firewood for our fire in case we ran out of used oil. :drink:

jcv440

#123 Post by jcv440 »

Take my sarcasm lightly. biggrin.gif

We'll be good at the trailhead. There's gas stations within 15 mins of the trailhead to get supplies. We won't have to worry about any, you don't know how these people do it. Brenda, Tom, Joe, and the rest of the family take camping as serious as riding. I'm talking wood pile the size of a large dump truck, MARINATED steaks, anything and everything you can think of. And if you forget something, they'd be much obliged to help you out. They are great people. And I only live 30 mins from the trailhead, so I can run home and get anything ya need.

Happyboy

#124 Post by Happyboy »

Where is Majestic?

We are going to Little Sahara, OK for Sandfest on the Sept 11th weekend so any other weekend sounds feasable. I will just have to get permission for a LONG weekend. Arkansas to east coast is a long drive. smile.gif

cdrookie

#125 Post by cdrookie »

majestic is way up in NE pa not far from the ny border. in other words... a long haul!smile.gif

tjusa

#126 Post by tjusa »

hey vito were u been man last i heard u were working at burger king :w: ya u really like them steaks huh !! I think are place would be great for a group ride . there is lots of hotels in bradford only 8 miles away and any one coming in that wants to stay at hotel u can leave your quads at my place so u dont have to trailer them back and forth and leave them in parking lot i dont think the bears will bother them :confused: :usa

sillysspeed

#127 Post by sillysspeed »

If I'm not mistaken, It took us 5 1/2 hrs to get to Champion Motorsports which is right down the road for Majestic. I am about 1 1/2 from Washington DC. So roughly 4 hrs north of DC. But well worth it!! :usa

tjusa

#128 Post by tjusa »

yep about 30 min north of champion!!:usa

sillysspeed

#129 Post by sillysspeed »

cool!! stop by Champion to get some fx cams and keep on gettin it.

tjusa

#130 Post by tjusa »

yep champion is rite on 219 along the way.