tires for MX

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
KYmxracer52

tires for MX

#1 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I'm going to have to buy some new rear tires pretty soon and was wondering what you guys think is the best for the money and performance. I'm currently running Holeshot MXR's and they hook up really well. Only downside is they wear out really fast. Been thinking about getting Kenda Klaws. Lot of people say they hook good and slide predictably. What are your opinions?

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

I like the Kendas a lot.

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I'm just wondering how much better the new MXR4 will wear.

CDMX215

#4 Post by CDMX215 »

kenda just came out w/ 18"knarly i used them this past on a soft track weekend they hooked up well

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

stick with the holeshots if you are looking for the absolute best tire.if you are willing to pay the price for the wear they cant be beat.the kendas are ok but too tall and kinda heavy but hook up ok would be second choice if i had one.the maxxis suck on hard pack.you will spin like no tomorrow.they are ok in your perfect track condition but if it gets slick or hardpacked forget it.

KYmxracer52

#6 Post by KYmxracer52 »

yep,...know all about the Razr. I really dislike those on the MX track. They wear really good, but thats because you can't get them to hook up on anyting. I'm just hoping that the new MXR4's won't wear as fast. I've had pretty good luck out of the original MXr 's for wearing. Mine hasn't been too bad. I do like having a lighter tire. I wish ITP would sponsor me, I could use the tires. smile.gif

housercdale

#7 Post by housercdale »

The MXR4 does wear fast, but I just pick up a new set from ITP that is supposed to have a harder compound. Going to try them tomarrow.

CdaleRacer0128

#8 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

The mx4 is the new 4 stroke type of tire, thats going to be my next tire, but until then my kenda klaw mxf's and mxr's are doing great!!smile.gif

razr mx's rock on some types of track, and kendas on others, but holeshot tires do the best on everytype..just the money situation replacing them every three rides gets tiresome