hubs

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
311racer

hubs

#1 Post by 311racer »

Will 400ex hubs fit on a cannondale. It seems i have alittle of play in my stock hubs. It isn't my hubs it is the splines on my axle are alittle wore. I have a lonestar axle. I know it isn't my hubs because they are tight on the stock axle. thanks for any help.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

ex hubs will fit. you have to beat them on a stock dale axle though. i heard they fit right on a lonestar , so they might not fix the problem. putting a whole bunch of loctite on it (the splines) will help for a while.

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

I've heard that that's normal and would think so. The splines are a little on the small side for the EX hubs on the stock axle but they fit right on a LSR. Would make me think that you'd have play in them b/c of that. Not sure if it'd hurt anything though.

I have EX hubs on my stock axle and they weren't all too hard really. They extended the rear about 2". W/stock axle and wheel spacers I was at 50 inches, and then it became 52" w/them on. I put on different offset wheels to make it MX legal at the tracks here though.