Knoll's Utah Hare and Hound race

kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

Awesome job Jeff. We need a little more publicity on these ATK wins..........................

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Way to go Jeff and nice pics to boot!:wow

ABM-CANNIBAL

#13 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Great job Jeff. So how long did it take you to complete the two laps? Got to love desert racing.

JeffQuadShop

#14 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by ABM-CANNIBAL
Great job Jeff.  So how long did it take you to complete the two laps?  Got to love desert racing.
I'm not real sure but it was over 2 hours.

fred

#15 Post by fred »

Congrats Jeff.

Now wait a minute. Two 32 mile laps = 64 miles. Running mostly in 4th and 5th gear should put you at >50-60 mph. Why did it take you over 2 hours?

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

Pit Stop between laps, and you don't average 50-60 mph. You may get there for short periods of time. Remember the ATK has a shorter 5th gear and you can use it at a lower speed now...

smile.gif

JeffQuadShop

#17 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by kdeal
Pit Stop between laps, and you don't average 50-60 mph. You may get there for short periods of time. Remember the ATK has a shorter 5th gear and you can use it at a lower speed now...

smile.gif
?????? :confused:

Sandstorm

#18 Post by Sandstorm »

There were slower sections of 10-20mph through the mtn type areas. Jeff and I were running 14-40 gearing.. We talked about our gearing after the race and the quads will not pull any taller gearing.... We are down about 15% on power due to our elevation and very very dry air.. The quads left the starting area at 9:20 and when I saw Jeff stop at the third and final check point my watch said 11:12 am. I also looked at my watch when I saw the second place guy cross the finish line and David come in and that's where we got our times from.. David was 24 minutes behind Jeff..

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

Cool pictures. Is Utah on the moon; where are the trees?

kdeal

#20 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
?????? :confused:

Jeff,
You stated that you were in 4th or 5th gear most of the race, and the question was asked why did it take 2 hours to complete the race, when you consider the distance and speed the quad would be doing in those gears. I was just mentioning the fact that you pitted between laps for gas, and that since the ATKs have the lower 5th gear than the Cannondales, it is much more usuable especially with taller gearing on the sprockets.

Ken