HDC 450 vs. WWE "Designed" 450?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
azcannibal

wwe450 vs HDC 450 Kit

#11 Post by azcannibal »

Thanks for everyones comments:

Wrist pin aside...though a very crucial part.....what is the difference? I am leaning towards the HDC 450 kit. Even though the wrist pin on the WWE's kit is remedied. I am not convinced to spend the extra money.

Hey Doug, what's the price difference on Nicasil vs. LASleeve?

Pros or Cons on both?

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I like the castiron sleeve simply because I talked to some guys who work at Millenium and according to them the aluminum sleeves are very difficult to machine straight and true even at stock bore since they are very thin.Downside with using castiron sleeve is it will wear faster than the Nikasil aluminum sleeve but castiron sleeve must be more stable and possibly tranfer the heat better.

saleen_1

#13 Post by saleen_1 »

come on guys sbm started it all.and a lot of people bought they motors and copied they ideas.i wont mention no names.ban me if you like.but you know its the truth.

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

I'm not sure anyone has figured out what SBM was doing except the updates and putting them together correctly. No secrets there that I have heard of. When they had reliable motors was working on the 02's, which are a lot easier to make reliable than the 03's because of crank issues and the different case.

sillysspeed

#15 Post by sillysspeed »

Originally posted by CdaleRacer0128
My NEW WWE 450 has been running strong for a while now, the clutches went on it, but not the fault of the 450 kit. Wade has fixed his wristpin, and has IMO one of the best crankshafts available to date besides winky's with his new oilling ideas.

If i were to go and do my motor over again, i'd have winky completely do it with oiling, new cranks ( maybe even an ATK or WWE ) since falicon's are just rebuilding stockers:rolleyes:  and have a stock head ( reangled injectors are making too much trouble)

Leric.. have you been drinking again?? Get winkey to build your engine with his new crank oiling ideas?? Winkey cranks have made alot of people want to jump off a cliff!! Scott has treated you great!! Everytime you blow it up because of falty parts.. he fixes it for you!!

HDC will stand behind his products!!

Jaybr

#16 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by saleen_1
come on guys sbm started it all.and a lot of people bought they motors and copied they ideas.i wont mention no names.ban me if you like.but you know its the truth.

I'll assume your refering to WWE who used to work at SBM? I'm not aware of anyone else using any of SBMs secrets. I don't think any of the other builders stole any of their ideas unless you consider a larger piston and proper motor assembly a trade secret.

moto450

#17 Post by moto450 »

thanks jay for saying that :duel:

azcannibal

#18 Post by azcannibal »

Thanks for the aluminum info C27

toothandnail

#19 Post by toothandnail »

Just got the new dimond crank setup , ran , 4 races/tt won al 4 by a large margin. The low end seems to be much stronger top end is about the same maybe a little less it's hard to know it was so long between stock and the new 450 . Although in the 4-stk class there is a z400 , he said he has done all the mods avaliable (whatever that means) we were close before , I still had more power , but now I can pull on him alot more. On the sat. 28th tt I won the heat race by about a 1/3 of a lap. In the main we both jumped flag but I got sent to the back row , I still got 4th on the hole shot 3rd by the next corner, I was all over the z400 by the end of the first lap got by him on the 3rd or 4th lap and passed a honda for 1st on the 6th lap and just cruised from there. In the +30 I got the hole shot and it was all over from there the other 5 were evenly matched and ran tight the whole race at the checkers I was about 3 quad lengths from lapping the last place in the pack about 3 more laps I would have lapped everyone

DangerRanger

#20 Post by DangerRanger »

I know Wink is in the shadows getting it done..keep up the good work John and Jim..:clap:

I believe a Winky Dale took 2 1st place locals last weekend too!!:head: