The hood is home finally

CDALE022002

The hood is home finally

#1 Post by CDALE022002 »

Finally got the hood in my hands and WOW . Its a 1000 times better looking in person than in the pics . I am extremely satisfied with PC Carbons work , definitely worth the wait. Speaking of waiting , PC was able to get the wait time reduced a bit , right around a week and a half for hoods and two carbon number plates a week after they complete the second tool .

Quite a commitment from them too put these into production and build more than one tool for the # plates. So those of you that are on the list for hoods and plates, you will not have to wait as long as we first implied . Those of you not on a pre-order list , I wouldn't wait . If your pondering the thought I can just say it is bad ***...any other pic angles wanted let me know

CDALE022002

#2 Post by CDALE022002 »

cannondalerhino

NICE!

#3 Post by cannondalerhino »

SAWEET lookin ride.smile.gif

CDALE022002

#4 Post by CDALE022002 »

Thanks , I have'nt even started her winter makeover yet , but I've got big plans this year...

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

Dont take this as a flame or anything, but what is the advantage to having these hoods? They just bolt on top of the exhisting plastic right? I guess I just dont see the purpose in them other than looking cool. Perhaps someone could explain?

CDALE022002

#6 Post by CDALE022002 »

To be honest with ya , I totally agree , but I do have an example of another benefit besides looking cool. At the Cannondale dealership I used to work at , my boss there bought me a set of smoked plastic for Christmas and who ever he got them from obviously didn't have the rubber protective caps under there steering post which trashed the top of the plastic just around the front of the gas tank opening . It was already race cut and the only areas on the front plastic that were in good shape , believe it or not were the fenders that stick out from under the hood , the ebay pics in the ad when he bought it weren't very descriptive. Once I put my original Quad Tech hood on you couldn't see any damage. So I thought why not. Plus I thought half the reason for owning a Cannondale is so I could look cool...
By the way I wase'nt offended Hook , either way there sellin...Thanks guys

azcannon

#7 Post by azcannon »

Don't enter QOTM when I do thats all I can say, I don't want that kind of competition.

My Gosh thats nice. Excellent work dude

jfarrar

#8 Post by jfarrar »

you get a little better airflow with the hood too.by cutting the stock plastic away from the filter itis able to breath alot better.the stock plastic smothers the filter

GDITheman

#9 Post by GDITheman »

that's the best looking carbon on a quad i've seen. wow. very sick.

i wouldn't spend the money on carbon because i know i'll trash it in the woods, but it looks great.

rider283

#10 Post by rider283 »

You should get the whole front end done like the 2004 prototype stuff...that would be sweet.

Who has that plastic now?