Rode a Honda TRX450R tonight

banzairx7

#21 Post by banzairx7 »

My HMF was stupid loud. I put their quiet core in and what a difference. It's still loud but very tolerable now. It's about he same sound level as my friends YFZ with the spark arrestor removed(if that means anything to anyone). My axle has hit the cannister at some point. There is ~1/2" dent in the bottom.

Bill X_R

#22 Post by Bill X_R »

Originally posted by banzairx7
My HMF was stupid loud. I put their quiet core in and what a difference. It's still loud but very tolerable now. It's about he same sound level as my friends YFZ with the spark arrestor removed(if that means anything to anyone). My axle has hit the cannister at some point. There is ~1/2" dent in the bottom.

Were you able to notice any difference in performance with the quiet core?

banzairx7

#23 Post by banzairx7 »

If there was any loss in performance it was minimal. My butt dyno couldn't really tell any difference.

jacobw

#24 Post by jacobw »

From what HMF claims they are getting the most power overall and outright for the cannondale and all the racers that race cannondale on the gncc curcuit have hmf pipes that I have see so go hmf all the way and I have one on my suzuki vinson it rocks

sillysspeed

#25 Post by sillysspeed »

TC pipe!!!

cdalepilot

#26 Post by cdalepilot »

a HMF is the only way to fly.:head:

JST

#27 Post by JST »

I run a HMF headpipe and TC backhalf.I originally had the HMF rear but switched to the TC.

CptHook

#28 Post by CptHook »

After a little random researching, I just found some interesting news, apparently in my state (Maine) they just put out a new law restricting how loud your ATV can be.... LAME!!! :mad: So I guess my next question now is, when u guys say this thing is loud, like how loud are we talking? I dont know the decibal restriction for the law so dont bother asking.

thomez

#29 Post by thomez »

Loud as in, if they passed any restriction, it won't pass.

Over 100 db for sure.