To much HP for my LSR axle

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by thomez
Maybe we will find out? :eek:

Stop teasing!:w:

MichiganMXer722

#12 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

I'll have the axle out tonight when i get home from work and i'll snap a pic of it. I'm kind of hesitant to put another LSR sprocket hub on it just to do the same thing down the road. But then again 450 bucks for an RPM axle aint cheap either!:confused:

MichiganMXer722

#13 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

Alright well i have sum pics. I am having trouble getting the axle nut off, i turn it as far as i can counter clock wise but i can go no farther, is there a snap ring i'm supposed to remove to get the axle nut to slide off??:confused: heres the sprocket

MichiganMXer722

#14 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

heres the axle, this is a good reason why RPM axles should be mandatory

CdaleRacer0128

#15 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

oh sit thats crazy stuff dude, mine wasn't near as bad...

yes derno i am running the RPM hub, i got a new one, then on that one i stripped out the splines on the axle and RPM sent me a entire new axle.. the splines went out because of the bearings, but RPM don't kno that..

the sprocket hub twisting off like that i think was from an over tightened chain and preload nut..:mad:

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

One question were you runnning a skid plate? Kinda looks like you slammed it really hard. No skid plate and it would just pick the weakest part which might have been your sprocket hub.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

The newer ones from Lonestar are thicker.I ended up cutting off my lock nut because it wouldnt back off far enough.It was just dirt inside of it that caused that.Pipe wrench and a big bar with two guys sitting on quad and holding brake and it still wouldnt budge.Ended up getting a antifade hub from Lonestar.

MichiganMXer722

update

#18 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

Alright i have it all wripped apart after a little cussing and lubing of the axle nut it all came off. To answer sum questions, no i was not running a skid plate, and just before this occured i landed a 60ft table and i know there are rocks on the landing, so that may not have helped the situation. I also noticed that it looked as if it had cracked a bit before it all fell apart, so thats my fault for not catching it before it exploded. And even after more examination i noticed the right end of my axle is bent a bit, looks like it would make the sprocket hub wobble just enough if i landed on a rock it might have just took the brunt of the incident. Overall its a learning experience for me. I hope to straitin the axle and put a new hub on and be good...........i hope:drink:

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Cool. It shouldn't have broken anyway, but I was just curious.