lsr axle

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
USAMoto00

#11 Post by USAMoto00 »

I just put a LSR axle on, so I'll see how it holds up. Farrar is running one too I believe. If he hasn't bent one, I'm sure I won't. On a side note, I've run my stock Moto axle 2 years with no problems other than a slight bend from a hard crash. I think it even has straightened itself out since then!

KYmxracer52

#12 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Yeah, I had a dura blue in for 2 years before this. No problems with it. axle carrier went bad and messed up the bearing surface on the axle. First ride on the LSR axle,and its bent pretty good. Seems to be on the right side if your looking at it. Feels like its on the end around the splines where the wheels fits.

Brad77

#13 Post by Brad77 »

I have also had a Dura Blue installed in mine for about two years. The only problem I had with mine was when I first installed it. I started out with the stock locknut. I could never keep that thing tight so I switched to the LSR locknut on the Dura Blue axle and have been very happy with it.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

I have LSR's on my z400 and my Dale they are ok, but I don't like the locknut assembly. Pain in the butt! As for warranty they have one, but I think it is for only axle you should call and ask! Meaning if you get it replaced once that is the warranty.

KYmxracer52

#15 Post by KYmxracer52 »

You mean they wont keep replacing it if you keep breaking it?

comander420

#16 Post by comander420 »

why would anyone want an lsr then over a durablue? Durablue warranty against breaking or BENDING for life
LSR warranty from what I have read on their site is against breaking not bending so you have to pay to have it straightened, what a bunch of bullshi**. And they are about the same price. Besides I have never broke an axle, have bent the **** out of some but never broke one. I have an LSR anyone want to trade for a Durablue?

cdalemx301

#17 Post by cdalemx301 »

I have been told that when you break an LSR they will replace it forever no matter how many it is and if you bend it they will straighten it......I have been told that when u break a durablue they will replace it once.....I have also been told that LSR's are a softer compound the Durablue meaning they will bend rather then break.....Durablues are more likely to break do to this and LSR is more likely to bend....from what i have heard they will both straighten them no matter what forever i just dont think the durablues bend they just snap from what i have been told anyway....Never rode either so i couldnt tell any expierance i have an LSR on the way tho

KYmxracer52

#18 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I hope LSR straightens them. After my next 3 races, they will be getting this one back for a straightening job.

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Ok I knew I had that backwards.

jfarrar

#20 Post by jfarrar »

i have a lonestar and it has been ok.i had them on my r's for years with no probs at all.i've bent them( from a crash or casing it) and snapped them on two and even had one almost at a 90 degree bend(hit a gas pipe in a field) and they replaced no ?'s asked no matter how old.the torque of the dale seems to doom the sprocket hub but i have seen them do the same to rpms and durablues as well.i choose the lonestar simply because they have never let me down.