Clutch & Battery?'s

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
comander420

#11 Post by comander420 »

pull the flywheel cover off and check the wires behind the flywheel to see if they are wore, some of the motors had an issue where the flywheel would wear throught the wires, you can see it without removing the flywheel.

Bill31251

#12 Post by Bill31251 »

I pulled the Fly wheel cover off but cant really tell to much, how do you get the fly wheel off it didnt look like theres much room for a socket or wrench?? Thanks for the help

comander420

#13 Post by comander420 »

you should be able to see the wires going behind it, is there a sleeve around them or are they just normal wires? If there is no sleve around them check to see if the might have gotten scraped.

Bill31251

#14 Post by Bill31251 »

There is a cloth cover over part of the wire I can see I got the nut off the fly wheel not whats the trick to getting it off?? I have also found that on of the wires that is going to the sylonid(sp) is missing some of its cover and theres bare wire showing, but I dont think that would drain the battery or could it??

comander420

#15 Post by comander420 »

if there is a cloth cover on the wires then it is more than likely not that, to get the flywheel off you have to have a special flywheel puller but it doesn't seem like that is the culprit, you might want to check the voltage coming out of the stator to make sure it is putting out enough volts to run and charge the battery.

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Bill31251
There is a cloth cover over part of the wire I can see I got the nut off the fly wheel not whats the trick to getting it off?? I have also found that on of the  wires that is going to the sylonid(sp) is missing some of its cover and theres bare wire showing, but I dont think that would drain the battery or could it??

Bare wires is bad. You need the update kit to cover the insulated wire where it passes thru the hold-down clip to the upper left of the flywheel. This would be much easier with the flywheel off. See the bulletins on this sight for some pics of the problem. HayDug should be able to fix you up.

Bill31251

#17 Post by Bill31251 »

The bare wire is not near the fly wheel its right next to the sylonid(sp), I will try and get a meter to start testing