Check those rotor bolts!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
Dang Nrath! Red Loc-Tite. I used blue and was worried that I would never get them back off.

Those are some nuts and screws I don't want coming loose!! And how often do you have to take a rotor off? So far, I haven't had any problems with the high strength loc-tite damaging screws when removing. Just make sure your loosening the nut, and not the screw.

cheetah5431

#12 Post by cheetah5431 »

The exact same thing happened to me on my second ride. I was not able to make it up a small hill because the fronts locked up and would just spin the rear towards a circle. A 250ex went up and everyone was calling the dale a POS. When we finally drug it to flat ground it just wanted to do doughnuts. We finally saw the bolt and was about 20 miles from anywhere. Luckily the 250ex tool kit had a flat-head screwdriver that fit the allen bolt perfectly. I don't know how we managed that, but we lucked out.

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

I wish I would have been going uphill rather than fast down a flat trail!!!

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

Thanks for the stories and warnings, guys. I found some of the 262 red loctite, which is considered high strength permanent, but doesn't really need heat to remove and supposedly breaks less hardware -- too bad it's not stocked most places. I'll be putting it to use soon, tks. biggrin.gif

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

Hey C'boomer,

Doug has some cool stainless bolts that hold up better than the stockers.... Front and back kits.

Exodus

#16 Post by Exodus »

Dude, that sounded like a pretty knarly ride. I swapped spacers on my axle last week and was measuring width and forgot to tighten the nut on the axle, lol, good thing this dale vibrates alot, because I started to let it warm up and it spun off and was laying in the driveway. Just a stupid mistake, but man, woke me up to going over every nut and bolt on a weekly basis. Something I have been neglecting a little.