Works Shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CptHook

#11 Post by CptHook »

so how about any of these choices compared to the quadshop conversion? For around $600 (figurativley speaking) I can either get a brand new set of just front shocks, or I can send my stock ohlins, front and rear, to the quadshop and get them converted to triple rate SSDs. which do you guys think is the better choice

fyrmedic

#12 Post by fyrmedic »

wondering:confused: which front shocks are able to be converted? the motos, or the speed ones??

JeffQuadShop

#13 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by fyrmedic
wondering:confused:  which front shocks are able to be converted? the motos, or the speed ones??
The Speed, Glamis, Blaze, Moto and a few of the Cannibals that came with Ohlins can all be converted. The first year I raced a Cannondale Blaze, I raced the entire season on the stock Ohlins with the SSD conversion. They worked great with no problems all year. Now I run Elka's, they are a better shock but if your on a budget the conversion will work great for you.

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

I was looking at the tcs shocks are they comparable to a elka or ohlins shock in quality and performance?? Someone that has had both tell me what you thought of both shocks if the tcs are about the same quality as an elka I might go with them. Are the race series fronts they offer comp/rebound adjustable or just comp adj.

JeffQuadShop

#15 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I sell both and I believe the TCS are not as good as Elka, they are more along the lines with Ohlins shocks. I know Haydug has had good luck with them but I'm just not impressed with their internal workings.

jacobw

#16 Post by jacobw »

How much is a ohlins elka ssd conversion?

CptHook

#17 Post by CptHook »

pm jeff or call him for a price

guthrie08

#18 Post by guthrie08 »

does works make long travel shocks

theJeStEr1340

#19 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I picked up a set of used Elka's. triple rates with SSD and they work great. They are from a 400ex and some people said the tie rods would bind on the steerign stem mounts, but mine work fine.