speed shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

speed shocks

#1 Post by jacobw »

I am racing hare scrambles on a limited budget till I get my new atk450xc and I am wondering what kind of valving or conversions can be done to the speed shocks to make them more cross country ready? I know they are worlds above the arvins that i have now but I need all the edge I can get.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I have the glamis ohlins are they are nice and plush. I haven't rode on the speed ohlins but I hear they are stiffer. <<<< Is "stiffer" a word?

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I have the glamis ohlins are they are nice and plush.  I haven't rode on the speed ohlins but I hear they are stiffer.  <<<< Is "stiffer" a word?

Jess,

Only between you and your girlfriend. LOL

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Kdeal....keep your mind out of the gutter.:no:

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by kdeal
Jess,

Only between you and your girlfriend. LOL

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's not what she's been saying... :hammer: :box: :rotf

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

you guys crack me up if it wasnt for all the humor this site would not be the same keep up all the good work!!!biggrin.gif but I was thinking someone said there was a conversion like the conversion for the rear ohlins for the speed ohlins that would make them better setup

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

Jeff@thequadshop does a conversion for front and rear stock ohlins, that makes them triple rate SSD. Quite a few people here have them and are very happy, when I get enough extra money set aside I plan on doing this too. Good option if you are looking for "new" shocks and are on a tight budget. Id send him a PM or give him a call.

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

Yeah keep your eyes open and ask around, just a couple days ago speed911 was selling his stock blaze springs and spacers because he got the quadshop conversion done on his stock blaze ohlins, so Im sure there are others out there with those, if you want to go that route.