Bent Moto Axle

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Psychosis

Bent Moto Axle

#1 Post by Psychosis »

I got a Moto axle from USAMoto and it happened to have a slight bend. (I do not blame him at all and do not wish to discourage others from buying from him.) I couldn't tell and I checked it over and over so I know he couldn't have known. Today I took it and had part of the lock rings holder or whatever it's called ground down and when it was spinning I noticed this.

It is VERY light on the bend. You can't notice except when spinning at high speeds and then it's not too noticable. So what would you guys recommend me to do. The shop and my local dealer looked at it and said just go ride and don't worry. Should I send it somewhere or what?

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

Yikes, I would offer you mine, but I KNOW that it is bent pretty bad. That was Luburgh's and no, I did not know it was bent. I never ran it. Can it be bent in a press? What about maybe RPM if they made them for Cannondale? It's worth a try.

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

i would send it back and tell him to shove it :w: .lol.any shop with a press and a dial indicator could help ya.if it is not bad run the thing.i think every axle i own has a bend in it.

USAMoto00

#4 Post by USAMoto00 »

I'm going to shove it up your :w: tough guy. lol Like I said, I would give him the backup, but it's the one I crashed on at Pymatuning. I know that bugger has a lobe to it.:eek: Throttle stuck and don't ask, it wasn't pretty. That's the one you helped me fix when I was on crutches J.:drink:

bombsquad54

#5 Post by bombsquad54 »

No axle is perfect i have bought several lonestar and 2 rpm's. if its bent just ride on it, it will work itself out. why waist money to get it straitend when it will bend again. just run it. my moto axle has a good bend to it now, i think it gives the bike character.

fyrmedic

#6 Post by fyrmedic »

get ahold of brad oakley at black widow, I think he is going to get a process to straighten them out. Not exactly sure, but worth a call!

USAMoto00

#7 Post by USAMoto00 »

I can say that those axles are TOUGH! I beat the **** out of mine and it went from wayyy bent last year to almost straight after the last time I used it. I've been running it since May '02. The only thing I don't like is the shi**y color that it turns.

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

Yeah, after I caved my wheel last week, when I was watching it on the way back home (althought the tire was completely flat) I noticed a slight wobble, so Im hoping that it is just from the wheel being hit and bent, and not my axle. Although this would be a good excuse for me to buy a wider after market axle.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

USA - No big deal. Just wondering what everyone though on here about that. The place I took it to said they'd do it for practically nothing if I wanted but said it should be fine. I'll just ride it and see what happens.

(There was no way that I think you could see it by looking at it so I don't want you to think you owe me something back here since it can still be used fine.) :cool:

USAMoto00

#10 Post by USAMoto00 »

Want me to smack Luburgh when I see him? lol If I could only catch him....That's cool Psychosis. Give it a ride and let us know how it is.:usa