Mx rim size

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jfarrar

#11 Post by jfarrar »

tread life might be shorter than most but i wouldnt say sucks a$$.especially the mxr4.i got plenty of use out of my mxr's.id rather spend the extra coin for a tire thats gonna work the best.you can have a sharp knob every moto with the mxr's to by reversing the wheels you canot do that with a klaw once the edge is rounded on those they are done.reversing the klaws makes for a terrible cornering machine.if it aint muddy throw the klaws away.:usa

USAMoto00

#12 Post by USAMoto00 »

I wish I had the cash to spend to have them all the time, but they wear to fast for all the time I've been trying to put in on the quad. For Nat's, they are awesome! But for my local ground pounding, their tread life sucks a$$. :usa lol Farrar, what are you running?:hammer: (I know how much you love them):drink:

jfarrar

#13 Post by jfarrar »

im running razr's and they suck on hardpack but cant pass up free tires.i found the key to them though to make them near an mxr.grooving the rear knobs by splitting them like the holeshot.nite and day .then you have a decent tire.my mxrs lasted me half a season and i ride 3-4 times more than you.the razrs didnt last much longer so i say they stack up pretty well.if you ever wanna get fast and race at competetive races you gotta dig a little deeper into those pockets.

USAMoto00

#14 Post by USAMoto00 »

The RAZR's are a good tire, no complaints from me there. Mine are still in good shape and on my extra beadlocks. But the ITP's were the ones you only got like 2 or 3 races from right? Maybe that was another tire? I think I ride more than you think, there for a while I was always trying to get YOU to ride. lol:head: Speaking of, when are we riding again?

TheJaspMan

#15 Post by TheJaspMan »

What's wrong with the trail wolfs I run at the track? I get plenty of traction. :drink:

USAMoto00

#16 Post by USAMoto00 »

What about Ohtsu's? Is that how it's spelled? lol I once had one of those with so many plugs that it looked like dread locks. No kidding.sad.gif

jfarrar

#17 Post by jfarrar »

no i run my itp's for over half a season at least before i retired them.and to boot i had them same tires on my quad a couple of weeks ago and they still were impressive bald.i know how much you ride you got a loong way to go to catch me.

tongue.gif

jasp do they make a trailwolf that fits an 8'' rim i might have to try those

USAMoto00

#18 Post by USAMoto00 »

Oh that's right, I forgot about you sneeking over to Nick's testing grounds. lol:p I love that place! It's like Sherwood forest. Sorry about those MXR's, I thought you had 2 pairs -not one! That's why I thought they were so trashed! Remember the ones that you showed me that were burnt from the concrete pad take off's? That was why I never bought them!

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by jfarrar

jasp do they make a trailwolf that fits an 8'' rim i might have to try those

I'm not sure. Do you think you would bet better traction in the mud if you ran the fronts on the rear?

jfarrar

#20 Post by jfarrar »

nah they are so trashed from alot of use.i had 3-4 nats on them quite a few locals and lots and lots of practing.the concrete wore them pretty good but mostly because i would melt them off like a had a full sponsorship from them or somethin.(hey if you can't sike out the competition by yelling and acting all crazy choke the ********).lol.most of the use was on the clay but rocky conditions will doom them real quick.