Elka or lt OHLINS

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
ccole

Elka or lt OHLINS

#1 Post by ccole »

I have to make a choice to either go with the stock moto front end or go with stock blaze arms with the Elka elite shocks. Which ones would you all chaoose and why? I ride woods and some local mx tracks. Thanks for any input. Thanks.

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

The LT front end is hard to beat for ease on the rider. If the Elkas are setup right they could be just as good but you are losing width with that setup. The stock Moto Ohlins require fine tuning but I think you would find it a much better overall ride especially for MX and the jumps involved. I guess the true question is how much woods riding do you do and would the width be a problem? If you've never riden with a LT front end, you definetely need to give it a chance. Does anyone near you have one that you could ride to help you with this decision?

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Should've said something a few weeks ago. Went to a race w/the ATK w/lt Ohlins on it in MO and went right past St. Louis where it says you're at. I won't be going that way anytime soon though w/it and my closest race will be about 1.5hrs away from it so sorry, but I can't be of assistance.

I ran PEP on Eyeball standard arms and I'll tell you this, buy the lt. It's so much more plush and easy to ride. Instead of banging around on big bumps and jumps, it soaks it up nicely. I still haven't bottomed them out even on extremely light settings and it's the stock Moto front end, but I'm also VERY light.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

I would run the moto front-end, with a revalve on the ohlins by Jeff@quadshop. I was very impressed with is work on Jay's bike. Plus, Ohlins is a very high quality shock. If you keep a set of 4+1 wheels with your woods tires mounted, width shouldn't be a huge factor. As for the Elkas, send them to me and I'll keep you posted on how they work. :usa

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with the above consensus. I made the jump(backwards?) to elkas and to tell you the truth, I liked my Ohlins better. The elkas are plush, but don't soak up the big stuff that I bought them for. I'd rather have that rougher ride at low speed in sacrifice of soaking up the big stuff. You should enjoy the long travel setup, the moto a-arms work well. Personally, I'd find some 20-22" tires and mount them on 4/1 rims for the woods with some 3/2 rims and 18" tires for mx. This way, you can run woods or mx. Good luck...

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Ohlins moto front end is my vote. Although I have LT on both my quads the elkas are awsome for trails but seem to lack the total adjustabilty of the ohlins. Its ALL in the setup.

JeffQuadShop

#7 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I run the Elites with shock Blaze arms. I have no probles on MX trackes either with it being narrower than a Moto.