Where do I get an oil filter?

jcv440

#11 Post by jcv440 »

Yeah, the paper filters and fuel filters from Cannondale are WAAAY overly priced. We pay like $6 for a dang fuel filter, sell them for 8. I pick mine up at Napa. smile.gif

Go with the stainless oil filter, you won't regret it! Works real well.

JeffQuadShop

#12 Post by JeffQuadShop »

You can also use a stock filter off of a YZ426, it is the exact same stainless filter. The only difference is you will have to glue the o-rings onto it.

dawzie

#13 Post by dawzie »

So I should remove the gaskets from my old filters and glue them on the YZF filters ?? What kind of glue ?? You say Stainless filter, ours have paper, is that OK ??

This may be the end of our filter crisis !!

Now only if we can get the gasket and clutch company to sell to us.

jcv440

#14 Post by jcv440 »

I know! I'm still looking for engine crankcase gaskets. I only have one left! sad.gif

4punksdad

#15 Post by 4punksdad »

so is there a WIX part number available for the oil filter?????

JeffQuadShop

#16 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by dawzie
So I should remove the gaskets from my old filters and glue them on the YZF filters ?? What kind of glue ?? You say Stainless filter, ours have paper, is that OK ??

This may be the end of our filter crisis !!

Now only if we can get the gasket and clutch company to sell to us.
Yes, you have to use a razor blade to shave the o-ring off your stock filter. I use super glue to glue mine back on. Stainless is fine for the filter...Cannondale used to offer stainless as an option.

4punks....I don't believe you can get that oil filter from Wix, just the fuel filter.