how does atk decide on there prices?

speedy911

#11 Post by speedy911 »

thats why i asked him the question, because if he told me i needed 1 or the other of course im gonna buy it from him

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

Let the bike warm up, after it is warm, rev it while watching your bottle. If the level starts to rise, or starts building pressure in the bottle, you have a blown head gasket. This could be a problem with your overheating issue as well. Other than that, just watch the bottle after it is hot, and see where/why it is leaking.

speedy911

#13 Post by speedy911 »

so bacially its building so much pressure its being forced out of the cap. only thing is it runs so good.

haydug

#14 Post by haydug »

just a thought..

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Doug is there any other way for the water pump system to build pressure other than by a blown head gasket? Mine had this problem till I switched caps. Now I think the cap just has a better spring in it.

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

an air bubble would do the same thing. WHEN you get the new bottle and cap, make sure you completely bleed the system. you can crack the bleed screw on the cover but i prefer the sitting the bike up on it's grab bar. do this till no more bubbles come up thru the bottle when you sit it back down. might take 3-4-5 tries.

ducman

#17 Post by ducman »

Mine will build so much pressure it will blow the friggen cap right off the bottle, but only when I'm racing. As soon as my arm gets strong enough I'm droping my engine, even though it runs strong I'm betting on a blown head gasket.sad.gif sad.gif

speedy911

#18 Post by speedy911 »

well i just went out in the garage this morning with my d&m kit to monitor temp and coolant level and the bottle cap is stripped. before i could tighten it and now it just spins a little tight and then loosens. do i need a cap or bottle. and is there a updated cap, mines an 03

cdrookie

#19 Post by cdrookie »

get a cap AND a bottle. some caps have a brass pressure spring thingy on the underside of the cap, they're the better ones. but just a regular cap will work fine with a new bottle.

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah a new bottle at least. Rookie is right though about bleeding. If you don't get all the air out it will just keep pushing fluid out.