Rpm or Durablue??

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Are these axles as strong as a stock moto axle?

USAMoto00

#12 Post by USAMoto00 »

I bent my moto axle in a few spots, but that's all I could manage to do to it. It's actually bent itself back into shape. The Lonestar hasn't bent yet and it has taken a few good hits already. The RPM is straight as an arrow.

cannondalerhino

lsr axle

#13 Post by cannondalerhino »

I heard that lsr is working on the strippng or has already solved it with a stronger material at the splines. I have a friend that works
there , this is what he told me.

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

I have also heard the lsr hubs come loose easily I dont know if this is a isolated case or not?

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

My moto had a RPM on it when I bought it. The splines were pounded out and it was bent in three places. I switched to a stock speed axle with 5 inch spacers . At first I was afraid to jump with it but it has handled all sorts of abuse easily. I would imagine the moto axle would be even stronger.

JST

#16 Post by JST »

Weren't our moto axles made by RPM?

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Brad Oakley would know.

bombsquad54

#18 Post by bombsquad54 »

yes the moto axle is made by RPM. the durablue axles are junk, ive seen about 5 or 6 of them break this year on friend's bikes. lonestar is good, but RPM is the absolute best, ive never seen one break personally, i wrecked my moto really hard and did 0 damage. (it flipped about 4 times) and i have jumped 60-80 foot jumps with no problems. DURABLUE SHOULD BE CALLED DURABREAK. LOL

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by JST
Weren't our moto axles made by RPM?

I am almost positive they were not made by RPM. If they were why would there be no markings on it. Every other piece on the moto was labeled by whomever made it, but they decide not to let RPM label the axle? Doesn't make sense to me.

They don't even look the same when sitting next to each other.

CdaleRacer0128

#20 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yeah they are totally different. if it were up to me to get a new axle i'd look for a moto personally, i raced one of them hard and never broke it or bend it, had an rpm dominator 1 on and bent it on identical tracks i rode the moto axle..

i put a new rpm on my dale w hen i sold it and i am positive it will hold up.. I race Dominator 2's for the yamaha, do they make them for dales?