you know what really sucks

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Compared to a Yamaha every external and valve adjustments are alot more work.True.A cam change on a Yamaha can be done in well under a hour and a piston change in another half hour easy.But these are things that will only be done at most once a year they shouldnt be a factor in buying a Dale unless you pay someone to do all your work.Airfilter on our dales takes longer to get at but gets alot less dirty so you dont have to clean it as often.Oil change is only one drain more than Yamaha and if you get those extensions Caniboomer sells it is faster.Moneywise so much is saved buying the built ATK versus building a Japper that you can afford to send any motor work to someone anyway.

racedraper

#12 Post by racedraper »

what you said about the ceo of atk is impressive. They sent me a email with a application for their race program this year. How good are the ohline shocks, I hear they are stiff and need revalved? Ill probobly just pull the front end off and get after market and sell the atk to someone here. You guys are right about yfzcentral ,there are alot of post whores who thing they know everything and alot of spoiled brats too. I have read alot of post here trying to get an idea on these bikes. This is a very close net group and yes I belive in buy AMERICAN all the way. NO MORE OUT SOARSEING.

Cdale_racer_669

#13 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

im 15 and can work on the motor. easy to work on i think:) get the ATK, you wont regret it!!!!!!!! awesome awesome quad. and the amount of money you save from having to spend 7 G on the yfz plus all the mods, the ATK for 8 grand is a good deal. worth the wait til january too!!

bombsquad54

#14 Post by bombsquad54 »

racedpaper, what is your rider wieght, im around 200-215 and the ohlins are perfect for me, but-you can have them revalved and sprung by several different places. the stock moto (MX) front end handles amazingly well, better than my old yfz with PRP LT, PEP. and my LT TCS lonestar 250r. trust me you will love that ATK with a passion. wow i didnt know atks have a waiting list. . . :clap:

racedraper

#15 Post by racedraper »

I weight around 195 -200 depending when I had my last movement :mad: :w: are the onlines double or triple rate. I had quad rate on my yfz ,took a little to dial in but wow awsome.

bombsquad54

#16 Post by bombsquad54 »

you will love the ohlins, they are not zps but work like they are, they are dual rate. try em if you dont like em illl buy them off ya

racedraper

#17 Post by racedraper »

what should i sell the shocks for and or who can revalve them to trip or quad rate. I like axis but the $$$$. I talked to elka and they will be a sponcer of I wantso Ill prob be with them. Unless somthing else comes up better

racedraper

#18 Post by racedraper »

jeff as in quad shop. do you know how much it would run. would he make them triple or quad rate

wanablaze

#19 Post by wanablaze »

Yes, Jeff at the Quadshop. I'd give him a call. A lot of people seem to be happy with his converted ohlins, and I'm not too happy with my Elkas.

CdaleRacer0128

#20 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

I love my elkas on all my ride's always have, there valvin is mayb not spot on, but with a little tuning and dialing in you can make them rock.. the ohlins are nice, but not the best by all means, but are a great shock with high quality componets and can easily be valved up to become one good ride! one downside is the height you will be at with ohlins compared to elkas or PEPs with their zps features..

i sold my ohlins last year for 500, to a z400 rider, they worked perfect for him for a year when he got long travel a-arms, he sold them this winter ( last week) for 600..