Rear Shock Bottom mount bearing???

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
fourwhls

Rear Shock Bottom mount bearing???

#1 Post by fourwhls »

I have traded shocks. I am putting a Ohlins off a 02 on my 03. They guy I traded with is putting a Fox off a 03 on a 02. Being that the lower shock bolt on the 03 is 12mm and the 02 is 10mm, this is not a straight swap out.

Can somebody help me out with the following part information?

I need a spherical bearing for the bottom of a Ohlins rear shock that has clearance for the 12mm bolt on a 2003 swingarm.

I also need a spherical bearing for the bottom of a Fox rear shock that has clearance for the 10mm bolt on a pre 2003 swingarm.

I am hoping that these are readily available parts. If you have one of these shocks, can you get me the numbers off the side of the spherical bearings.

Rx440

#2 Post by Rx440 »

When I had the Quadshop do my ZPS conversion on an '02 Blaze rear shock for my '03 Cannibal, I asked about changing the bearing but Jeff told me that they just drill out the existing one to accomodate the larger bolt.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

Wow, who'd you sucker into that trade? biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Yup, i did the same. Drill!! But it is a pain since that little bearing will move on ya. Clamp that bad boy down!

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

This very common, always coming up when shocks bought/sold -- yep just drill-out the Ohlins, and try to find a 10mm/12mm bushing for the Fox -- unless he has enough meat and long bit to ream the swingarm lugs to the 12mm. You may end up swapping bottom bolts also. isn't it fun !!!!:drink:

ps. if you drill, a 15/32" bit might work better for a tighter fit, since our shock bolts not full diameter and fit with a bit of slop anyway.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

I just did it to both of my bikes. Use a 31/64" drill bit, and as Happy says clamp that thing down as it will spin on you. The bearing is the right size, it's the two bushings on each side of the bearing that you are drilling out. If not, get on the phone to Haydug or Ohlins and order a set (did that too).