Full HMF exhaust vs. FMF Ti

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speed_demon

Full HMF exhaust vs. FMF Ti

#1 Post by speed_demon »

I know, I know there have been quite literally hundreds of questions about exhausts on here, but mine is very particular. Has anyone ridden both & if so what are the characteristics of each? I have an 02' Blaze so I know the FMF, but have never ridden anything w/an HMF. I just recently sold a Bills slip-on from my 03' Speed and put my FT Performance slip-on back on it. This os the exhaust I'm looking to replace w/a full system. Any expertise and/or opinons are always welcome and appreciated!

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

I have dyno'd both, and ridden both, I don't think there is a nikel;s difference.

Exodus

#3 Post by Exodus »

Well ladies and gents. There you have it. Not a lick of difference. Thank you coming, stop back in. Theres juice and cookies at the exit.

I got an HMF, really like it. I mean really like it!:wow

cdalepilot

#4 Post by cdalepilot »

who wants to use clamps to attach their cannister ! go with the quality made hmf .attaches nicely , nice apperance, same power.:drink:

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

The '03 stock header is just as good as the HMF header, and even better since you already have one -- I was able to adapt and fit HMF silencers on the '03 header, and I think Haydug still offering the conversion -- best exhaust option for the money, no doubt.

speed_demon

#6 Post by speed_demon »

Thanks for all the good info as always guys.:head:

ccole

#7 Post by ccole »

What was wrong witht he bill's pipe? Did you get any gains out of it?

speed_demon

#8 Post by speed_demon »

Nothing wrong with the Bill's pipe, I just sold it because I have 4 exhausts and 2 quads. I originally had my FT slip on on my Speed but got a lot of dirty looks at Pismo from the rangers. So I bought the Bill's & it worked just as well and was a lot quieter to boot. I'm just looking to get the most power out of my rebuild of the Speed & was looking into a full system. DOn't worry-you will be fully satisfied with the Bill's, the trick billet mount alone is worth it!

USAMoto00

#9 Post by USAMoto00 »

I'll tell you what really feels like a kick in the pants is the TC/FT on an '03 header or the titanium FMF header. The HMF don't seem to work as well as what I thought.

speed_demon

#10 Post by speed_demon »

Thanks USA, I was really not wanting to get rid of my FT Slip on, if I need to I can get the Supertrapp discs to silence mine.:usa