Stainless Steel SOLID Swingarm Bolt Kit

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

I knew this was going to get hottly debated. LOL

I personally inquired thru a friend to find out how much for a stainless steel swingarm bolt for my bikes. The price is very high for 1 or 2 pieces but would drop drastically for say at least 10 pieces. Titanium is an option, but it is very expensive. If someone seriously wants one in Ti, I will get a quote (expect it to be over $150-$200).

Now the issue with the thread pitch is strictly availabilty and price. I can get the standard pitch nylok nuts at a very reasonable price. Again, if someone wants a factory duplicate finer pitch, I will inquire, but I will not be providing the nut as part of the kit.

The reason for stainless steel is pretty obvious, it is not just a strength issue. Some of you guys have never even taken off the swingarm bolt for service. Well guess what? The factory never saw fit to grease anything with any serious intensity, and you will definitely be wacking at that thing with a BFH :hammer: .

The choices that I made was to keep the price as low as possible, provide more strength over a hollow axle, and it doesn't rust.

Jeff: Considering the ATK replacement part is $59.00 for the stock bolt only, which one would you rather have, if you had to replace a hollow one?

Jeff, Haydug, Brad, Maz, Boomer, contact me via PM for possible quantity discounts.

Any other questions please PM me.

Thanks,
Ken

jfarrar

#12 Post by jfarrar »

i would prefer the finer pitch k deal

IRONSIDE

#13 Post by IRONSIDE »

I'ld me interested in at least one bolt asy.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

I would be interested if it had the fine pitch.It is hard enough to keep them tight.With coarse threads they would loosen up.I am working on those O-rings for you.Looks like a kit can be made up.

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

I'll see what I can get in SS Nylok nuts in the finer pitch. I know it will cost more, but I will see what I can find. There is definitely enough interest to make this work.

:usa :deal:

speed2424

#16 Post by speed2424 »

Ken, put me down for one. Either pitch is "fine" with me. LOL

300 posts down, 4,000 to go to catch up to Derno.tongue.gif

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

I have Nylok nuts for the stock swingarm bolt they are a little pricy, but they can be found. I got mine through fastenal. I can check tomorrow and find out how much for certain quantities.

Kdeal pm me how many would you be looking for.

Speed2424 you will always need to keep posting I will be post whore king for a loooong time.

Now bow to me!:bow: :bow: :whip: :whip:

speed2424

#18 Post by speed2424 »

Originally posted by Derno24

Speed2424 you will always need to keep posting I will be post whore king for a loooong time.

I will go along with the whoring part. smile.gif

cannibaljim

#19 Post by cannibaljim »

I'll take one:usa

kdeal

#20 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Derno24
I have Nylok nuts for the stock swingarm bolt they are a little pricy, but they can be found.  I got mine through fastenal.  I can check tomorrow and find out how much for certain quantities.

Derno,

I was loooking to keep the whole assembly stainless steel. I did not see anything in the finer pitch (M14x1.5) in a stainless nylok nut. If someone finds some, I definitely would be interested. As of now, the majority of the people wanting these would still rather have the original thread pitch. I might have to do them without the nut included.