cannondale tales, how did you fall in love with cannondales?

Braff1

#11 Post by Braff1 »

During a buddy race (with Jess Hamner Cannondale owner) came in with a flat tire in the middle of the race. When I came back around he still hadn't finished changing it yet so he tore off on my Predator. This time when Jess came in the the tire was changed but Predator high temp light was on so he told me to take off on the dale and that is when it happened. Even the bone stock c-dale rode and handled better than my modded Predator. Since then I had my eye out for Dale and finally ran across it and now I am the proud owner of a Red 03 Cannibal.

Now my duaghter who has been attached to her highly modded 300ex is considering upgrading.

Cdale_racer_669

#12 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i had a 300ex, for a couple months, my first quad sides a lil 80 i had. after a couple months i wanted more, so i started to save to either mod the 300ex, or buy a new quad. i saw cannondale, did some research on them, and really liked them, and the price wasnt too bad either:) so i got one, and love it!!!!! only thing ill own besides a cdale is a ATK;)

dawzie

#13 Post by dawzie »

My son started racing his brand new, bone stock, except for nerf bars, '00 400EX in May of '00. That winter we sent the motor to TMM and had a 440 stroker and a decked out EX. by June of '01 he pointed as far as expert class here in Dist-34. By the end of the season we got to know Mike Walsh. He told us about this "Cannondale" quad and how the factory wanted him to help develope a better quad and all the support they gave him. He invited us to a test ride that fall at a track near his place. Kyle at Columbia Motor Sports called me in March of '02 and said Walsh told him to call us and see if we wanted his quad. I was there the next day !! Info from this site made me do the stud update and a few other things before we raced it. We also did a YZF426 conversion to our EX over the winter.

My son wanted to run the 426 as the primary bike. But the bike was jinxed. At every race it would break in the 1st moto and he would run the Dale in the 2nd moto. Would always finish well with it too.

He went to his first National in '02 in Virgina. The 426 broke in the pratice lap. Got on the Dale and went 2-3-1. Only rode a couple of nationals and Dist-34 that year. Finished 2nd in points in d-34

In the winter I ice raced the Dale. Now remember, I was 50 years old and never raced. raced four times, took a 3rd, a 1st and two 2nds.

In '03 we thought we had the 426 all figured out-----NOT
Rode the Dale doing well but under powered now compared to what the big boys where running in his class. Then broke his wrist at Southwick. So much for '03

We bought the first YFZ450 our dealer got, gave it to Walsh and waited 6 months. It was our machine that he used to design all of his stuff on.

I tried ice racing in '03-'04 but the YFZ's where killing me.

So now Timbomoose is stroking my Dale and Haydoug is going to stroke my Son's YFZ.

The ice is getting thicker, I can't wait !!

biggrin.gif

aroracer72

#14 Post by aroracer72 »

Well..it was really something....*makes a story tellin face*

It was a mellow spring day......orange leaves everywere....birds flying south....sounds of nature. I was a young boy...filled with youth....roaming the willows in the far edge of the evergreen forrest. When a odd odor came to my senses and i was enticed with amazement and dazzlement....and i look over and there she was....this slim.....georgous piece of eye candy. I flew a look of lust at her..and she growled sexily back......THATS WHEN I GOT ERRR DONNNEEEEEE.

i have NO clue what that was.....i think thats what we call humor???

Nahh i had a 250r.....and someone told me that it handled like a R and had a strong motor so i sold the R and got a dale....havnt regretted it since biggrin.gif (except for the 8 months its been apart in my basement) :eek:
lol
CHAD

aroracer72

#15 Post by aroracer72 »

well....only cause she stopped working..and blew up on me in the middle of the night...(no joke).....
your right..im a monster...whyy WWHHYYYYYY
CHAD

Sandstorm

#16 Post by Sandstorm »

I met a guy at Glamis to show me around (Smitty). He let me ride his Speed. I wasn't to impressed. It had less power then my Raptor, but revved . He was running the wrong paddles so I knew it had more potential. It handled like a 250r. I bought one after my tranny went out in my Raptor..

aroracer72

#17 Post by aroracer72 »

yes....she had a pretty decent set of headlights...but they were aftermarket.....haha..get it....
CHAD
P.S
really nice to look at from the rear though........