No More Filter Oil

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
thedeatons

#11 Post by thedeatons »

Maybe I should get one and do an experiment... Cdsracer has a sandblaster, we could oil up a bundle of Q-Tips and place them inside the filter in the center, then seal the opening, and sandblast the outside of the filter.... Maybe I should try this for all the filters....!!!

Smitty911

#12 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Feb 27 2007, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I should get one and do an experiment... Cdsracer has a sandblaster, we could oil up a bundle of Q-Tips and place them inside the filter in the center, then seal the opening, and sandblast the outside of the filter.... Maybe I should try this for all the filters....!!!

Instead of sandblasting the poor thing, which is sure to fail due to the 100 mph sand hitting it. Hook it up to a shopvac and than sand blast a part with out hitting the filter directly.

Smitty

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

There you go.Go for it.After trying sand then use something like Talcom powder.Thats the stuff I see get by K&N's after a few hours of riding in it.The dust that hangs in air for like 5 minutes.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Yeah, I would probably end up just throwing it on... I will have to get to that... #238 on my list....

ACEwrench

#15 Post by ACEwrench »

uh..guys...why in the world are WE complaining about changing air filters?? sure our filters get dirty but not NEARLY as often or as bad as those "other" machines... we rode an entire 500 mile desert race once on one dale filter and it really didnt look that bad....

and for the record...i would never use anything but a foam filter on or off the track..

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Nobody complaining.I agree Cannondaleairfilter rules.Funny thing is even though it doesnt have to be cleaned as often as most you should see some that I have seen.Maybe its the inconvenience of having to remove front plastic or pure laziness but alot of people just dont clean them.Also a oilless filter would be a step up on K&N for sand shedding something a foam oiled filter has no hope of.

theJeStEr1340

#17 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have to clean my filter after every ride, it isn't bad though, undo the 2 front plastic tank bolts and then loosen the clamp. tongue.gif

claas900

#18 Post by claas900 »

I wanted to give this a bump and see if anyone has ran this filter?

desertbound

#19 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (claas900 @ May 21 2008, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanted to give this a bump and see if anyone has ran this filter?

The suzuki and can am guys are not having good luck with them. I have heard a few complaints. It could always be operator error. Motoworks swears by thier products, and in my experiances have made good stuff. I love thier exhaust.

Crazie

#20 Post by Crazie »

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=21027

Another option for those interested in oil-less filters. Although they don't make any that will be a direct fit. So far I've had no issues and see no dirt passing though (only 2 rides in the sand dunes though).