400ex shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cdalemx301

400ex shocks

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

Okay i have seen post on here about EX shocks but cant remember the conclusion on them.....I can get Custom AXis shocks for my dale at a great deal but they are off of a 400EX...will they fit with differant spacers or somethin etc? and will the rear shock fit as well?

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

I've used them. Stick w/C'Dale shocks and pay a little more. They'll work w/very little modification but the valving is WAY off, the stroke is different, etc. They feel much better than say a set of Arvins but are nowhere near a good set of C'Dale shocks.

cdalemx301

#3 Post by cdalemx301 »

I was planning on having them revalved any way thats why im asking will the rear fit as well tho?

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

The rear will not fit. It's not just getting them revalved though. Getting them revalved won't be all. They will need new springs as well as different shaft. I talked w/JMR Powersports about having this done to my Honda PEP's and they said it would run right about $200 for that and I'd be getting labor for free as well as cheaper parts for being a sponsored rider. So it's not cheap.

cdalemx301

#5 Post by cdalemx301 »

Whoa nvm lol ill just get my shocks with the elka convert or buy somethin new thanks for the info before im ade a big mistake