a-arm bushings

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

a-arm bushings

#1 Post by jacobw »

I am going to install a-arm bushings on my quad tonight and I am wondering what is the best way to get them out? Also I am going to be using waterproof grease any body had any luck with this type of grease?

JeffQuadShop

#2 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I use a hammer and a punch. No grease

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

I meant jeff that i would be using waterproof grease to keep them lubed over the stock grease what do you use for grease on them? Also what is the best way to install them?

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

There is no grease on the bushings at all. They are designed to be run dry. All grease does is attract dirt since they are not sealed.
I tap them in with a hammer.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

ooops I greased my other one:( maybe that is why they wore out I dont really know ok well I wont grease these then

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

so if they are run dry the plastic material is wears or does the metal insert wear too?

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

I put the new bushings in and they are pretty tight are they suppose to be pretty tight at first??

JeffQuadShop

#8 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The plastic will wear first but if you let them get too loose before replacing then it will start to wear into the sleeve. They should be fairly snug untill the get broke in.

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

yeah there are fairly snug the arm would not move up and down unless you moved it by hand. I was just concerned and wanted to make sure. I was checking everything over and the old top ones were not wore but the bottom ones were getting some slop so I decided to replace them for the new race season

JeffQuadShop

#10 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Thats the right time to replace them. Its normal for them not to move on their own when they are new. They will loosen up in the first ride.