not as good as i thought (drag racing)

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wanablaze

#21 Post by wanablaze »

I'm sure you can shift really fast Bomb. But think about it logically. IF...If you could shift in less than a tenth of a second, you're still a tenth of a second behind someone who is putting the power to the ground for every shift. I'm not sure how many bikelengths that is, but give the third gear start thing a try. If you pick the right map, you'll be in the powerband for a longer amount of time. It works really well on concrete or with limited traction. Once you get good at it, you won't lose any more time slipping the clutch as if you were starting in first or second. Like 27 said, after the first couple feet, you can pretty much dump it with some revs and off you go.

My clutch is over a season old. I pulled it to inspect it, and it was in like new condition. The last plate had bent ear, but it wasn't bad and I decided to rotate it to be safe.

Just try it, c'mon. Just once. Pretty please. Once you do you'll be hooked. :deal:

azcannibal

Dump it

#22 Post by azcannibal »

I need to try this.....I have 18x10x8 MXR4's and would love to see the results.

I went riding today up and down the road with 13/42 gearing and hit the rev limiter in 5th gear (Stock 5th Gear) biggrin.gif

theJeStEr1340

#23 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

yep, I had that same problem when I went to 18's... I got a 14t front sprocket, and I might go to moto gearign with a 40t in the rear, but am not sure how well that would work in the woods.

azcannibal

15t

#24 Post by azcannibal »

Yes...... I was going to say, 15T is the next test.

I have not been able to put it on as I cut to many links off my chain.

I bought a cheepy $29 non-o-ring chain for racing Thanksgiving weekend knowing it was going to stretch like crazy. Well after 2 days of riding, I slipped a 14T on barely.....had to heat the chain up in the oven for 10 minutes.......That really did a number in the house (Smokey!)sad.gif

13 / 42 gearing was for the Dunes....it just seemed the 13 holeshot so much better than a 14 and the stock 5th gear just sucks arse in the dunes. The sand was packed that weekend do to rain a few days earlier. Motard is going in next time I drop the engine:) if $$$ provide! Anyone have one they do not want

biggrin.gif

I have a 15T I am going to put in just need to stretch the chain a little more...
:hammer: :hammer: