Transmission bolt (for checking oil level)

ABM-CANNIBAL

Transmission bolt (for checking oil level)

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I need the bolt used to check the transmission level. I stripped it trying to take it off.

CANNIBALKID

#2 Post by CANNIBALKID »

it would be cheeper to just get one local. wont have to pay shipping charge. a bolt is a bolt.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#3 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Shipping shouldn't be bad. You could put it in a evelope and mail it for $0.37. I would just like the original ones.

CANNIBALKID

#4 Post by CANNIBALKID »

your paying more for shipping the thing than the bolt cost. just trying to save you some jingle and time

ABM-CANNIBAL

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I know you are trying to save me money but I would waste more money in gas driving around to find one in the nearest city to me 45 miles away.

Anyone got one?

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

When I get home tonight, I will figure out the size and send you a PM. I am sure I have one. You also need to know which bolt you have as there was two of them. One bolt simply screwed into a boss in the cover and that was it. The other type of bolt was part of a plug that they used for a replacement to the oil level window. Look at where the bolt screws in and check to see if there is a plug about the size of a quarter with the drain bolt threaded in the middle. The bolts are different, one is a countersunk bolt, the other is a regular flange head bolt like what's holding the clutch cover on right above it.

Ken

ABM-CANNIBAL

#7 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

kdeal, I sent you a PM. This is the one I need (regular flange head bolt like what's holding the clutch cover on right above it.)

Thanks,
Josh