Glamis??

jesshamner

#41 Post by jesshamner »

Lurker Blaze is talking about leaving on Wednesday. Wed-Tues should give us plenty of driving time.

LapTraffic

#42 Post by LapTraffic »

ppogue and I watched the entire Loard of the rings trilogy, the extended uncut directors version on the way down.

That took up approximately HALF the drive time...

you guys are adding another 1000 miles to our trip smile.gif

My hats off to you smile.gif

jesshamner

#43 Post by jesshamner »

Its going to be rough. I keep thinking about the movie "Dumb and Dumber." Do you think we'll run into Seabass?

Smitty911

The most important thing is still left.

#44 Post by Smitty911 »

If you have having all of these people meet somewhere at a certain time, I highly recommend multiply SIGNS SIGNS SIGNS sad.gif

You will also need a backup location at a later time so if someone misses the first they can sync back up later.

Cement Flats- First spot across the channel. Good location usally taken.

Gecko Road- Long bit of road to look for people on, unless you know the mile markers. I'd skip it for camping. altough it's less dusty.

Wash #'s - Right past Glamis Store go right. Wash's are marked on the left hand side. Larger the wash number the less dusty and less people to worry about.

Regardless of where you camp you still need the two meeting areas.

Suggestions- Glamis Store, Compition hill, Gecko Ranger station, Look out point, all of these are right off the main road and lead into the dunes.

Doug,

I'll have my paddles for you, and a nice present.

Smitty

Jaybr

#45 Post by Jaybr »

30 hours, you guys are Wimps:p

Looks like Dirt and I are making the drive. 36 hours from here, +6 for Dirt to get here. I've got to make the 13 hour roundtrip drive to Haydug's next weekend to pickup my trailer and quad so I can get everything packed up before we leave on Tuesday.sad.gif

Mjollnir

#46 Post by Mjollnir »

Use GPS coordinates to decide where to meet.

Doug, you might just add me as a maybe to that list, and possibly iamjacob as a maybe. We may (at least the wife and I) decide to come down Friday and stay for 7 or 8 days through your trip and SoCalDale. Haven't determined if it's going to be logistically possible yet.

Marc

daericks

That Ranger Station on Gecko Road would be a great place to meet...

#47 Post by daericks »

The Glamis store will be overrun. Also, i have been told that cell phone coverage has been improved over the last year. Nextel will work for sure.

IMPORTANT: If you have license plates for your bikes, make sure they are on. If not, you will have to pay $20 per quad for a temporary license.

jesshamner

#48 Post by jesshamner »

Why don't we camp near each other. Its fun to just hang out when not riding.

CannondaleRider

#49 Post by CannondaleRider »

This sucks

Vulture Mine Race(which I cant race cause I won't have my bike built)

or

Glamis to meet a few Dalers

It will have to be the race cause Krash is racing it, and hes the only person that I could get a ride with to the dunes.

Then we may go to the Socaldale one the next weekend, but thats a big MAYBE. Plus I WON'T HAVE A BIKE TO RIDE!!! So I'm screwed either way..............I hate not being able to make money, or drive :cry:

jesshamner

#50 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by DIRT
You can camp by us but I'm not gonna cuddle with ya :hammer:

I have a 2 person tent that has your name on it!ohmy.gif