Glamis??

bphillman

#101 Post by bphillman »

I'll be there too!!!

and there for next weekend @ SoCalDale..

neenerneenerneener!!

BTW, I have an extra set of paddles if needed..

daericks

Sorry Marc...

#102 Post by daericks »

Marc-- we will be at Pad 2, on the first or second culdasac. This is off of Gecko Road. My understanding is that this particular weekend is very much a party weekend for the dunes. Entirely escaping will be next to impossible. I know when I was out there last time we didn't really see much of anything that I wouldn't expose kids to--- other than my foul mouth. With a group our size, we will likely be able to keep everything and everybody safe but I am not a parent so I can't pretend to know how to raise kids.

There is roughly 12-14 people that i know of from this board that are going and another 8-10 from Phoenix that are going. The count fluctuates from day to day but I can confirm at least 20, not counting your family.

Dan

Originally posted by Mjollnir
Got some questions for you guys, mostly Daericks.

Looks like I am going to have to bring my kids for the whole trip. I have some concerns about the area in which we will be camped though. Since I don't know exactly where it is, I have to guess, and my best guess is that it's Pad 2. My concern is that I know Pad 2 is one of the huge party areas. This would be all well and good if it was just me and Jenn, but I don't want to expose my kids to the dangers of a bunch of drunks on quads and such, plus my understanding is that at Pad 2 you camp parallel rather than "circle the wagons", which further exposes the little ones to danger, and limits the area they can play in. Dan, can you please try to find out exactly where it is that we will be camped? If it's going to be on the pads, I will probably have to back out - the dad in me is overriding the rider in me...

Please let me know ASAP - I need to make arrangements and plans for work and the dogs, etc. I already have the time off if I need it, but Jenn is going crazy - she needs to have things planned out so she can buy food and everything.

Is there another group that we're meeting there?

Thanks,
Marc

daericks

Hillman, you are coming????

#103 Post by daericks »

I thought you were in vegas???? That would be awesome if you could make it!!

Mjollnir

#104 Post by Mjollnir »

Dan, are there going to be any other kids there in your group?

Thanks,
Marc

daericks

there may be one kid but that is not confirmed yet.

#105 Post by daericks »

age = 8 years (boy).

thomez

#106 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
Dan, are there going to be any other kids there in your group?

Thanks,
Marc

thomez, jesshamner, and wanablaze biggrin.gif

bphillman

#107 Post by bphillman »

We plan on coming up for the day...

So Marc, we'll have our kids there...

jesshamner

#108 Post by jesshamner »

Ok...I thought I had some paddles secured but now I don't. Does anyone have any extras?

bphillman

#109 Post by bphillman »

I'll bring my spare set of straight cuts..

jesshamner

#110 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by bphillman
I'll bring my spare set of straight cuts..

Thank you! I was getting worried.