:clap: Ride report?:head:

SlOoT

#62 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by wanablaze
:clap:  Ride report?:head:

hopefully next weekend smile.gif smile.gif

iceracer17

#63 Post by iceracer17 »

Hopefully the radiators and the fan can keep it cool enough being in a quad.I know crf450 conversions have to use 2-3"wide 250r radiators to keep them from spitting up.

SlOoT

#64 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by iceracer17
Hopefully the radiators and the fan can keep it cool enough being in a quad.I know crf450 conversions have to use 2-3"wide 250r radiators to keep them from spitting up.

we have some tools on our quad to make sure we will know when it start overheating. There is a warning light near the steer that light up when the engine gets to hot and we have an oil temp. gauge.

SlOoT

#65 Post by SlOoT »

I rode the KTM Dale today, and uhm...

....all I have to say is "WOW".

HouserCannondale

#66 Post by HouserCannondale »

just a bit of information about the rear shock brace. I can tell you from experience that it WILL crack as I have had this happen on my dale just from leaving the bolts lose in the brace. even with the brace in place, some hairline cracks developed in the crossmember that the rear shock mounts to. the cracks were where the crossmember is welded to the frame spars. nothing major, just tightened up the bolts and it didnt crack any further. I am still using the same cracked frame with no issues. also, the quad was subjected to jumping. all it is used for is motocross racing and ill tell ya, i am not easy on it. I just replaced a 03 style swingarm that i broke around the right side swingarm bearing housing/mount just to give ya an idea how much I baby stuff. sad.gif

SlOoT

#67 Post by SlOoT »

I know, I toled my dad a milion times that he has to make that shock mount stronger but he won't believe me when I say that the rear shock mount will crack.

SlOoT

#68 Post by SlOoT »

However, I did do some think work, and this is what I came up with, what do you guys think ?

HouserCannondale

#69 Post by HouserCannondale »

that does not look like a bad idea at all as long as it does not interfere with anything else around that area. another idea, just for thought would be to have the same type of brace that you have drawn there that comes from the upper shock bolt, that just goes up to the upper frame brace, just like the stock brace. you could create some sort of new mounts there, and since it would be two seperate pieces it may clear what you have there. it is kind of hard to tell how much room you have there in that picture; however, it is an idea. smile.gif

SlOoT

#70 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by HouserCannondale
that does not look like a bad idea at all as long as it does not interfere with anything else around that area. another idea, just for thought would be to have the same type of brace that you have drawn there that comes from the upper shock bolt, that just goes up to the upper frame brace, just like the stock brace. you could create some sort of new mounts there, and since it would be two seperate pieces it may clear what you have there. it is kind of hard to tell how much room you have there in that picture; however, it is an idea. smile.gif

I had thought of the same, but there's no room coz of the air intake system.

But, the system I have drawn above is possible, coz there is JUST enough room for it.

Thanks for the help smile.gif