clutch problem...NEED help

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

What jaybr was saying is that when assembling the clutch pack the last steel that goes on has a tendancy to get pulled off by suction action of the inner hub if you dont hold it in firmly while installing the clutch springs. If it pops off it will slide down just enough to keep from going back into the splines. If you dont catch it it will keep the springs from applying pressure to the plates. This will be like keeping the clutch pulled in all the time.

quadman22

#12 Post by quadman22 »

thanks a ton guys. Tomorrow im gonna try to put the plates on just the right way so the last one doesnt slip out and then i'll do the adjustement on the screw. Hopefully this will work:) i'll keep u guys updated...thanks again for the quick repsonses

2000ex

#13 Post by 2000ex »

The Dale is alive and healthy again.

The problem was certainly the adjuster screw on the pressure plate. Now I have another local guy converted smile.gif :usa :head:

quadman22

#14 Post by quadman22 »

haha yep thanks again wes... the bike is finally running. Thing ABSOLUETLY RIPS too. Cant wait to get in on the track. Im just so happy the problem turned out to be something so smalll and didnt cost anything.biggrin.gif biggrin.gif