blowing fuses

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
warren557

blowing fuses

#1 Post by warren557 »

I can turn the key on and the fuel pump will cycle, but as soon as i touch the start button it blows the fuse. Any ideas.

warren557

#2 Post by warren557 »

I worked on it a little more and i found out that it blows the fuse after i let go of the start button. It will start and run if i hold the start button down. But as soon as i let the start button go the fuse pops. Anybody?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Diode relay problem

warren557

#4 Post by warren557 »

What would cause this to fail. If i just install a new relay will it fix it or is there something else wrong that made the relay go bad. The only thing i have done since the last time it worked is jumped the battery to get it started because i left the key on. COuld this cause it to go bad.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly the relay.Relay is supposed to shut it down.I have left my key on for days without battery dying.The relays arent the best quality but they are special since they also have a diode in them.Sometime if not ziptied to the relay plug they can fall out.I have also seen them just dirty.Wiring to relay still needs to be checked and hopefully the diode in the harness is still good.Some type of voltage spike maybe could have fried it or the diode.All I can say is to try it .The testing procedure in the manual has given me different result as far as the ohm specs so I dont trust them.