Take the Falicon chalange.

Sandstorm

#41 Post by Sandstorm »

I'll ship my TB over the summer to you, Timbo, Wise??

cannondale27

#42 Post by cannondale27 »

Any of us can do it.DAB could also.Rubber boots too.Timbo has Cyclones in stock.

wistech

#43 Post by wistech »

Just a side note. The bike horns are extremely difficult to open up to 46mm without destroying a few . And since runor has it there are no more left you might want to be carefull. But then cyclones are available and have more power anyway.

GDITheman

#44 Post by GDITheman »

I thought the cyclones were a limited run. ****. I would have bought one when Timbo rebuilt the engine just for the bling factor. How much are they?

wistech

#45 Post by wistech »

Well here are the results for the falicon challenge. Running pump race gas,cyclone air filter and a flywheel with no magnets it pulled 52.36hp when going for all out hp. Torque was right around 31ft for any configuration . A flywheel with magnets dropped power to around 51.5.
Running with the airbox in "as raced tune" it pulled 50.90 with 31.14 ft of torque. I did not expect to break into the 50's with this motor but it did it fairly easily on most runs. Going by this test and all the other dyno results Im going to say the Falicon cranks do have an issue causing low torque readings. It just doesnt make any sense how even a stock crank and all timbo strokers can best the falicon in torque by at least 2 to 3 ft pounds.

These charts are the max numbers . When I get a chance I post the "as raced" chart. It was my first time running the dyno and it took a while to figure out how the winpep program worked but it went smooth after that.

One thing is for sure .With so many different configurations you cannot say how each engine size will perform with what intake system. The ported bike stack is very good inside the airbox . On this one it performed less than a horse less than the cyclone pod filter.

Sandstorm

#46 Post by Sandstorm »

What cc is it??

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

Falicon with a Asso piston.450cc I believe.

wistech

#48 Post by wistech »

Here's a chart from an engine I built in the early days of head porting. Thats about as close an example as you will ever get. I think the porting has improved along with the cam timing as the line doesnt drop of all the way to redline . The cyclone should have brought the low end and midrange up to where the old bike horn was.

The red line engine 448cc
Timbo stroker crank
Asso piston
Witech ported head,TB,bike air horn (cyclone didnt exist at the time)
Hmf exhaust
unknown cam timing set to stock pin position

The blue line engine 450cc
Asso piston
Falicon stroker crank
HMF exhaust
Witech ported head,TB cyclone intake
Cam timing set to 108,107.5

wistech

#49 Post by wistech »

I would like to see a falicon with a stock length rod and shortened piston. Ill bet that is the answer to the issue. How hard would it be to try that out.

cannondale27

#50 Post by cannondale27 »

I think the top would be too thin?Might last a few dyno runs though.