3 different swing arms???

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Happy,

There was also a few prototype cast swingarms, Haydug has one of them.

You mean this one?

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

Holy smokes Haydug?!?! Are there ANY odd Cdale parts you don't have?

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

..Hey Dug i want to know what that thing weights to one of our stock ones?..smile.gif ..

claas900

#14 Post by claas900 »

..also Dug have you ran that swingarm?..Id like to know if it still eats up chain buffers with a 13th front?..Id like to know if cannon fixed that problem.

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Happy there may be a sleeve under there. I got my dale and either it was bored to big at the factory or someone was getting creative, but it had a sleeve pressed in there to make it the proper diameter for the bearings.

Yes this was from factory I bought it new.

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

Sleeved or not, I wouldn't be letting go of that swingarm! The standard setup with the hole really sucks. The outer race just isn't strong enough to hold up without some metal behind it.

haydug

#17 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by claas900
..Hey Dug i want to know what that thing weights to one of our stock ones?..smile.gif ..

never weighed them, but supposed to be lighter, and stronger. I've never ran it either, had it powdercoated to put on my woods bike, but haven't had time.

aroracer72

#18 Post by aroracer72 »

i have the swingarm with the stepped whole..instead of the solid pivot whole..is this the worser of the two designs???
CHAD

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

From conversations most have that hole. I guess I got some weird one where it just didn't break through all the way.

pdavis

#20 Post by pdavis »

also, looking from the first picture, the "top view"
the swing arm on the left looks a little shorter and a different shock location, might be camera angles but if you look at the front (pivot bearing end) it looks to be about 1/4" back from the other one, now look at the other end (axle bearing) looks a little shorter on that end as well, with that in mind look at the shock mounts, the one on the left looks farther back(towards axle bearing)more that the 1/4" , that is already being given at the pivot bearing.....
anyone follow me? or do i need to shut up and get some glasses:eek: tongue.gif