Winter/spring Projects

CptHook

#101 Post by CptHook »

Thanks, next thing on the list is to strip the black paint off the clutch cover and polish that too

CptHook

#102 Post by CptHook »

lol yeah I know, I was waiting for someone to comment on that, that will be coming with aluminum impellar shortly

CptHook

#103 Post by CptHook »

nice, man I hope I can make it to the spring ride to meet people and see all of these machines

CDMX215

update

#104 Post by CDMX215 »

here is an update of my project still waiting for more blue parts net hand gaurds silver carbon deletes new seat and#plate

CptHook

#105 Post by CptHook »

man that looks sweet, I cant wait to finish mine and post it on here

aroracer72

#106 Post by aroracer72 »

Got my a-arms, valve cover, and clutch cover back from the powder coater today.....looks good. Im not doing any fancy colors yet...cause i cant afford the color scheme i want...so i got that stuff all in a semi-glass black. I have a set of Elka Quadrupple rate remote rez. LT shocks...fully adjustable......on the way thx to ebay.......they are used...but one is brand new due to bad threads...and the other has a couple oval track races on them...got them for $710 biggrin.gif . So all i need now is to put the shims and cams back in.....and put the coverson....then install everything. Also gonna order someLT a-arms.......not shure what brand yet. Am leaning towards ordering some from Doug.......but imshopping around looking at other a-arms like Janseen Racing..they are cheaper and look cool...and people have told me that they are plenty strong and are good a-arms. Still not shure though.
HERES A LISTOF WHAT MY DALE WILL HAVE ONCE ITS DONE......
1)LongTravel a-arms and elka quad rate fronts
2)ohlins rear (will soon get SSD/dual rate conversion)
3)HiPer wheels all around
4)New holeshot mxr4's.....18 rear and 19 front
5)Trinity stage IV full pipe
6)DENTON steering stabilizer
7)Houser or Arens steering stem(anyone got aused one i can buy?)
8)RPM axle...with sidewinder sprocket kit....14/39 gearing
9)Renthal bars
10)pingel kill switch
11)moto plastic(race cut) and red cannibal fenders(saving those)
12)n-style seatcover
13)new crank and other inner components
14)PC'd valve cover and clutch cover
15)air scoops
16)AC front bumper
17)AC nerf bars..with my super teeth modified stock pegs
18)Cycra handguards(MX)
and i think thats it......ill psot pics when i get it all together...with progress pics
CHAD

Josh

Lighting upgrade

#107 Post by Josh »

Here is what I just added to mine. A set of Trail Tech lights, one spot one flood. Lights look crooked but frame is not level...

Josh

#108 Post by Josh »

Another from the side. Allows alot more adjustment and stays protected behind the bumper/plastic.

theJeStEr1340

#109 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Josh, did you have those tabs welded on the frame?

Josh

Welding....

#110 Post by Josh »

I welded them on myself. I am a welder and also a instructor of welding at the local college so it was a piece of cake for me. I just used some 6061 x 1/8" aluminum and some 5356 filler rod and did it up today in the garage. I disconnected the battery and computer just to be on the safe side, but my TIG welder doesn't use high frequency so I wasn't really concerned. It uses a impulse start that simulates high frequency and doesn't mess with radios, cell phones, computers etc.

I also had to reweld the FMF Titanium header where it bolts to the frame, a common weak spot. So far after about 10hrs no signs of cracking.