valve cover

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
theJeStEr1340

#21 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by CptHook
what is the best technique you guys used to drain the stock coolant out of the bike?

That wa smy next question, and I have another. I am thinking about just punching the line from my coolant bottle and drainign what is in the rad. and lines out to reduce risk of contamintation.

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

There is a drain plug on the water neck on the right side of the engine and a drain plug in the radiator. Tip the machine a little to the right to get it all out.

CptHook

#23 Post by CptHook »

Thanks wistech, I just realized after reading my post that I didnt quite word it the way I wanted to so here goes...

What is the best way to flush out your system to ensure that there is no resonant stock coolant left over before replacing it with Evans?

Canniboomer

#24 Post by Canniboomer »

Jesshammer, the NPG+ is not like a jelly, it is thin and tea-color.
Also, it is a permanent coolant..... The different Evans products have been getting confused on these forums.

$25 for TWO gallons of NPG+???.... I doubt it, but I'll happily take several cases! and pay freight. The full-gallon jug is twice the size of Engine Ice, yes, but ..................

54?, did you actually get 2 separate gallon jugs for $12.50 each! or?

and here's a link about flushing, the cheaper prep fluid:

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...44100#post44100

and when all done after hot, you can let any last H2O steam off with the cap removed.