Won't Start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdalerider75

#11 Post by cdalerider75 »

is it the top dead center bolt?? you did put the spacer back in??:confused:

Psychosis

#12 Post by Psychosis »

Thanks guys but the beast's alive! I took off the cam timing chain assembly and the head spun freely. When I tried to turn the flywheel you could here a click coming from somewhere around the clutch area. I diassembled the clutch and it spun freely w/out error.

I still don't know what it was though but it's running now. I guess I assembled something wrong or something went loose. All I now is I put it back together and it spun ok so I put it in the frame, hit the starter, and it fired right up. The slap sound was whatever was stopping the clutch basket from moving, not the piston/head like I thought. Only one problem in all. One of the fuel lines to the injectors has a hole in it! :mad: I guess I'll be fixing that tomorrow. Will just take off the radiator and should be able to reach it as it seems to be.

Thanks everyone for the help and listening to my rants of frustration as always. Pics and my impressions of the Timbo cranked quad should be up either Sunday or Monday when I get the first chance. :head: :usa

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

More problems. It won't start again.

I fixed the fuel line, put on the engine cradle, and exhaust can, and now it won't start. It turns over fine but sounds like it has no fuel getting to it. The fuel pump runs and you'll see fuel drain from it every time I try to start it and occasionally it'll sound like it'll start but never does.

Doesn't make sense b/c before it ran perfectly w/out problem but now it won't fire. When I tried jumping it b/c the battery was getting low it would make a squeeling sound when I hooked up the charger and would try to start instantly w/or w/out the battery on, and w/out the starter being hit usually. What would cause this?

Could something have gotten messed up somewhere. I took off the radiator and then fixed the fuel line and put it back on and it wouldn't go again so any ideas? It's killing me!

Psychosis

#14 Post by Psychosis »

Another thing. Spark plug is basically dry when removed and I can't find any fuel leaks anywhere but it's using a bunch trying to start and not seeming to go anywhere.

Psychosis

#15 Post by Psychosis »

Doesn't seem to. I'm going to do another runover of everything and check where I fixed the line. I cut about a half inch off of one of the fuel lines to fix the leak so maybe something went wrong. Any other ideas guys?

Psychosis

#16 Post by Psychosis »

Found the problem and had it corrected. Is there a certain fuel pressure these things need to make it fire? One of the lines had a small hole in it inside the protective heat shield so it was leaking but I couldn't see it. (It was in the middle of the line where it didn't pour out.)

I replaced the entire fuel line, checked injectors again, and it fired right up. Ran smooth w/out problems and the fuel problem disappeared. Getting ready to put the chain and sprockets back on and go give it a test before I have to leave.

Thanks as always guys. Pics up after I clean it off.