04 Prototype Moto

Jctmotorsports

04 Prototype Moto

#1 Post by Jctmotorsports »

I am posting this to help get things going in the right direction, and stop people from wasting their own time looking for the 04. I have the Prototype. I've had it for a year, It's being brought back to the condition it deserves to be in, What Cannondale (and all those who loved the project) would be proud of. That being said, I have the motor apart actually, It does have different valves-same size as stock, reset back into the head aprox .040 Same casting, same cams. It does have a r+d throttle body- extreamly small(everything on this has a r+d # on it). Now I'm not sure this is even a prototype motor. Same internals, nothing really special, one bolt missing. I laughed too. I took a pic upon disassembley, I will post If Amorks will help me. I may have the chassis, But I'm not sure of the motor. I will post engine vin # when I get home. Some people have kept this quiet for some time- I thank you for that.

Chuck

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

No problem Chuck.wink.gif You're still hooking me up with that rear end of that thing right? lol I know where there are 2 other supposed '04 motors too.:usa

311racer

#3 Post by 311racer »

I want one! smile.gif

CannondaleRider

#4 Post by CannondaleRider »

Wow, this is cool.

What condition is it in, just torn down? or what

4strokemadman

#5 Post by 4strokemadman »

I wonder which one you have... Does it have non-powder coated a-arms, aluminum a-arms? Does it have the carbon axle? There wasn't anything motorwise that I remember on any of the prototypes that was significant. The prototype motor with the smaller valves and bigger throttle body was in a bike.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I had no idea you were in Lowell, IN before. I could have stopped by to see this thing. Do you ever go to Haspin? I am from Charlestown by the way. Lets see those pics!

USAMoto00

#7 Post by USAMoto00 »

Chuck, I'll either call you later tonight or sometime in the morning. I'm going to hold you to that shipment!!!lol I'll test that carbon fiber out for you no prob!tongue.gif

Rx440

#8 Post by Rx440 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I had no idea you were in Lowell, IN before.  I could have stopped by to see this thing.  

I'm lucky enough to live in Lowell, too. Chuck has shown me this quad.......very trick piece. Can't wait to see it once he has restored it back to all it's glory! tongue.gif

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

AAHHHHH...dont give that carbon fiber custom rear end to USAmoto!!!!!!.....nnnnooooooooooo.............you can say bye bye to that thing....even if that thing is strong...he'll find a way to break it
wink.gif
CHAD

wanablaze

#10 Post by wanablaze »

Nice. Did you buy it off of NickG?

How far is Lowell from Chicago?