Shock questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

#11 Post by jacobw »

I did realize that but in the process I am getting got put down i have no problem with that my shock guy has never worked on ohlins he is offering to fix it for me. He will add more oil and add more nitrogen and if it leaks again we will know we have a bad seal. I want to give the guy a chance to learn how to work oh my ohlins it costs to much to send it off most of the time. I had him redo my fox rear on my cannondalw with no issue had one season on it. It was just way too stiff for me. I am sure there are more ohlins qualified people but all there is nitrogen and oil and seal not much else besides vavling shims. I know kenny know his stuff about shocks but right now I cannont afford to send my shock to propilot. I dont mean to be a azz either I just get upset when people get mouthed when asking for help or criticized. If I knew it was such a big deal to ask I would have just called ohlins and been done with it.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Since you are happy with the ride it has and it doesnt need to be revalved I agree give the guy another chance.He will apreciate it I am sure and will more than likely help you out in the future it sounds as if he is a good tech.I misunderstood what you wanted when I advised you to take it elsewhere.

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

thats ok I was trying to find out information so he could fix I am going to have him valve it later on to get it closer but now all I am worried about is getting it to stop leaking. Thanks cannondale27 for all the help and thanks racer101 I appreciate all the help I talked to him today and he is going to try to fix it up and if he can I will go from thier I am sure we either have a fualty seal or not enough nitrogen he is going to take apart and put more oil in it since it lost some and then recharge with nitrogen then its just a waiting game to see if it will leak or not who know I dont:)

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

While he has it apart he should at least inspect the seal also.Like make sure he isnt missing something or put in backwards.