Decompression Mech Wieghts are coming!!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

Well Happy boy I hope these turn out well.Like I said I really am not happy with ones I had made.After 6months of trying to get em made and 3 tries at Machining.I really dont care to try anymore.

cdrider02

#72 Post by cdrider02 »

What's the latest on the weights?

Happyboy

#73 Post by Happyboy »

Same old same old. These are the most complicated thing have had this place do. I have no doubt they can do it, but the more complicated the more time it will take. And they just haven't had the time for the expert up there to get on it. Either the machine was busy or the guy that will do them has been busy. Just bad timing I guess. Jeff has said he hope they would be done last week and he will look into why they haven't been done.

cdrider02

#74 Post by cdrider02 »

Thank's Happy just curious, please keep us updated.

cannondale27

#75 Post by cannondale27 »

Happyboy is right these things are a nightmare to make.My guy finally got almost everything right now.But one radious came out wrong so I had to do that by hand.Also notice the metal plate I also installed.This is my head ready to go on.Should be running tomorrow for testing!Finally.

speed2424

#76 Post by speed2424 »

Love the idea of the guard, 27 :clap:

cannondale27

#77 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I saw a pic of it on a Z400 Hot cam.So I cant take credit for idea.But it and the weight seem to be working fine.Played around today on a MX track to break it in.Follow up reports will follow.

wistech

#78 Post by wistech »

Just rebuilt a cam today with one of steves weights. They are not perfect yet but oh so close. Just a little touch up work and it fit better than and worked smoother than any factory wieght. Not as pretty as my custom hand crafted masterpieces but hey its a cnc machine biggrin.gif

I dont think these decompressions will ever be something for the average dale owner to tackle because there is still much hand crafting involved in making them fit correctly and better than stock. Also there are several special tools involved to dissasemble.

Lets see how Happyboys machinists can do. To get these right on the first couple of tries will be tough but eventually they will be perfect. :head:

Happyboy

#79 Post by Happyboy »

These are going to be the death of me. So sad waiting and waiting. I am really sorry on these guys. I love this shop, but dayum!! I kinda expected some delay seeing how this is such a complicated part.

Oh and these will not be near as pretty as yours wistech. These will have laser cut marks on them. smile.gif LASERS!!! Better than a torch!

wistech

#80 Post by wistech »

Lazers !!!!!:cool: Thats better than fire. Wohoo Dont worry about the wait . Dalers are used to waiting. I dont have time to go heavy on rebuilding these things anyway. Ive got so many R@D projects and quads to get ready for the dune trip that spare time is a luxury I dont have.